Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Oh I don't!!

And that part inside the rims, you have to loosen those tyres and get in there as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well I polish me boots once a week, is that near enough:baffled::baffled:

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Well I polish me boots once a week, is that near enough:baffled::baffled:

Pete
[align=center]In a word

NO!
[/align]
 

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500SE
Joined
·
468 Posts
imported post

I hate polishing :?

Chrome is awful stuff - why don't companies make decent stainless gear instead of nasty chrome tat??

My wheels? Good God - who ever though of polishing aluminium wheels in the winter on salted roads?? Mine are going to the powder coaters as soon as I get a spare front wheel...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
42 Posts
imported post

Backrest only here. I prefer the stock look. Although I am looking at the chrome boomerang frame covers thinking they might look good with silver. I think this is how it starts.........................................then you wake up to the CHROME MONSTER !!!!:shock:
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nitrowing wrote:
I hate polishing :?

Chrome is awful stuff - why don't companies make decent stainless gear instead of nasty chrome tat??

My wheels? Good God - who ever though of polishing aluminium wheels in the winter on salted roads?? Mine are going to the powder coaters as soon as I get a spare front wheel...
I'm with you Nitrowing, Stainless Steel is the most noble metal of them all! Love the stuff. If I was wealthy I'd have a house made of SS. I'd have a car made of it, not like DeLorean but the whole frame and body. There was a lot of interest in it in the 1930s, Ford made five car bodies out of stainless but decided it was too costly to work. An aircraft company here made astainless steeltwin engine amphibian back then too, the FAA had one in Alaska.

The polishing the wheels that Brojees mentioned is the INSIDE of the rim. You wouldn't want a shop to see unpolished aluminum when they change a tire for you!

:bananas::banana::bananas::banana::bananas::banana:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
267 Posts
imported post

It took me 6 months to find a Wing that didn't have 500 extra pounds of chrome and two billion extra lights. Still haven't figured out the light thing since everyone knows wings are well known for their stator problems, especially the older ones. Why would you want to tax an already weak link? Just my 2 cents.

David Clark
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nitrowing wrote:
I hate polishing :?

Chrome is awful stuff - why don't companies make decent stainless gear instead of nasty chrome tat??

My wheels? Good God - who ever though of polishing aluminium wheels in the winter on salted roads?? Mine are going to the powder coaters as soon as I get a spare front wheel...
The chrome would be alright, if only it were good quality, I have just had my front crash bars and one under panel re chromed, by a guy who specialises in boat chrome, cleats and rollock etc. The difference is amazing, good thick chrome instead of the tack that was on the parts. Trouble is it aint cheap, but I figured no worse than replacing the items, which would have poor chrome again.

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,079 Posts
imported post

suks2bu37 wrote:
Still haven't figured out the light thing since everyone knows wings are well known for their stator problems, especially the older ones. Why would you want to tax an already weak link? Just my 2 cents.
I have been adding lights to my wing as I am a big fan of them all lit up. The one thing that I am doing is adding only LED lighting and also converting most of the factory lighting over to LED. I can run so much more lighting by removing the draw from the factory incandescent lighting. The LED lighting is more expensive but in the long run it will help to save my electrical system.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
suks2bu37 wrote:
Still haven't figured out the light thing since everyone knows wings are well known for their stator problems, especially the older ones. Why would you want to tax an already weak link? Just my 2 cents.
I have been adding lights to my wing as I am a big fan of them all lit up. The one thing that I am doing is adding only LED lighting and also converting most of the factory lighting over to LED. I can run so much more lighting by removing the draw from the factory incandescent lighting. The LED lighting is more expensive but in the long run it will help to save my electrical system.

Chris wait til you see Saorise!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,079 Posts
imported post

I'm sitting here looking at my bike all tore down right now. I went to install the "harness" and have no instructions. Called EC and the only way to get new instructions is via snail mail. I was told that the instructions were wrote before they had computers and all they had was hard copies.

Duh.... Isn't anyone smart enough to take a set of instructions and type them into a word document. I mean in this day and age, who uses snail mail for something like this? They did do me the favor of reading me the instructions over the phone.
 

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
Joined
·
57,413 Posts
imported post

Yeah too much rubbish on your wing is a killer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,079 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Yeah too much rubbish on your wing is a killer, but this :18red:looks cool. :stumped:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
Is that your neighbor Redwing?????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
42 Posts
imported post

where is the kitchen sink?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Mine is mounted right below the microwave.
 

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500SE
Joined
·
468 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Nitrowing wrote:
I hate polishing :?

Chrome is awful stuff - why don't companies make decent stainless gear instead of nasty chrome tat??

My wheels? Good God - who ever though of polishing aluminium wheels in the winter on salted roads?? Mine are going to the powder coaters as soon as I get a spare front wheel...
I'm with you Nitrowing, Stainless Steel is the most noble metal of them all! Love the stuff. If I was wealthy I'd have a house made of SS. I'd have a car made of it, not like DeLorean but the whole frame and body. There was a lot of interest in it in the 1930s, Ford made five car bodies out of stainless but decided it was too costly to work. An aircraft company here made astainless steeltwin engine amphibian back then too, the FAA had one in Alaska.

The polishing the wheels that Brojees mentioned is the INSIDE of the rim. You wouldn't want a shop to see unpolished aluminum when they change a tire for you!

:bananas::banana::bananas::banana::bananas::banana:
I'd have Titanium if I could get it - I've already started with all the big M8 bolts - I got a load of Ti bolts off ebay and will work my way through the bike. All the little screws are getting replaced with anodised aluminium, M6's with stainless/ Ti/ Alu depending on application but the crash bars, racks etc... :(



Seeing as I can't get whitewall tyres, I might just get the wheels powdercoated white ;)
 
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top