Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,993 Posts
imported post

ChasW

I can fully appreciate your thoughts on the subject of whether to continue to ride, or to stop.

A year ago January, I had my chance at talking to the manager of the Pearly Gates. God had other plans for me, and intercepted the devil.

Mardonna and I have talked about this subject quite a lot in recent months. Our decision is that we will both get back on a bike, and that we will do some touring by ourselves, or with some good friends.

We will avoid situations that would impose more risks than we want to accept, choose our routes and times to make our trips enjoyable.

Living to be 110, sucking on an oxygen hose, is not my idea of a good life.

Riding in the face of the wind until I can no longer get a leg over the saddle is.

So, for me, I am going to replace my bike just as soon as I get permission from my legal team to do so.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,993 Posts
imported post

Charles,

at 52, you are way too young to give up something that gives you so much pleasure.

Why not just readjust the way you ride? Take another MSF course just to top up your skills a bit.

Preplan your routes to minimize any undue risks, and only ride as long as you are comfy. Start feeling tired a bit, find a hotel, or throw up a tent. Relax, and enjoy the day.

Tomorrow is another day, to be enjoyed to the maximum that we can pull from it.

Mardonna and I are already planning our escape routes. Short ones to be sure at first, but longer as we slide into the groove.

I'll buy you a steak dinner if you show up in Montrose, how's that? :waving:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.