Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well i just pulled the fairing from my 81 gl 1100,and in my opinion looks and rides much better.ive never been a big fan of fairings or even windsheilds for that matter im a wind in your hair, bugs in your teeth kinda guy.I wouldnt have pulled if the bike was equiped with everything else i wanted (i.e.bags,trunk etc)all mine had was a sissy bar which i like and a fairing which i chunked,actually i put in storage. it looks preety cool a great big back to basics bike.not sure if anyone really cares but this place is pretty cool thanks for listenend!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There are lots of naked Goldwing fans out there. I think they look great too. If I could afford it I'd have an early model without all the stuff for riding around locally and keep my 1500 for road trips.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Ah to each his own,

I ripped the fairing off my 77 gl1000 too, Looks a lot better, I got a nice small sheild, I'm sure it'll handle a lot better two, the fairing blew you around to much, didn't like it, and I don't need a radio when riding, just the breeze in my face, flying down the road, that's my Idea of fun, but some litke them :12red:and some don't:1000yellow:, So choose for yourself.

As long as we all keep riding, RIGHT:cool:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I have been riding mine without for a few days now, and think that I prefer the windbreak of some sort. The pressure on my body from the wind makes me tire quicker.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

I prefer a faired bike for any distance riding. I put a Windjammer III on Old Yeller, & have not any problem with it blowing me around (I've had her up to 85+ on the interstate). I've thought about adding wind wings for hot days. I'm one of those who like his music, & it gives me a place to mount the stereo.:)When I look at all of the bugs I clean off of the fairing after a ride, I'm glad I have it.:cheeky1:

But I must agree with you, that I don't care for the look of a bike with a fairing, but no luggage.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

i mostly ride local,it was quite a bit of work trying to get a headlamp and turnsignals installed cause all that was built into the fair. but its worth it!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

With just riding locally & being in Houston, I'd say un-faired. I know it gets quite hot when I'm in traffic in the summer, & I'm up here in the great white north:gunhead:. If you go with a fairing, a serious consideration should be wind wings! The can direct more air onto, or away from you. Which ever you desire.:D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Frenchy wrote:
With just riding locally & being in Houston, I'd say un-faired. I know it gets quite hot when I'm in traffic in the summer, & I'm up here in the great white north:gunhead:. If you go with a fairing, a serious consideration should be wind wings! The can direct more air onto, or away from you. Which ever you desire.:D
I'd agree about the wind wings. They look like hell but they do work for me both for winter and summer. Last long trip I tookI had them set to keep the wind off me for the first two days, turned them the other way for the next seven days to keep cool and then back outward for the last part of the trip. I have red Baker wings but wish the bike had clear ones so they weren't so obvious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.