·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Not a lot of info, that's for sure. Trows up a red flag for me.

BTY, did you get that cargo box you went after in Atlanta?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

yep, got it!!! Now to get the funds for the trailer kit and I will be off and welding......:action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I got a error message on e-mail.........so probably a scam!!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

flagged now

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

It's still there.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

It was flagged when I tried it

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, cleared my Firefox cache and it finally came up as flagged.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Got a response via email

Hello there,
Thank you for your email.I'm an US Air Force Lieutenant currently stationed in North Dakota at a military base.I'm selling it cause I will be sent back to Iraq and don't want it gets old in my backyard.I must sell it before January 20th .Here are some details about the bike(1999 HONDA GL1500SE GOLD WING):

Curently has 51,400 miles, Engine size (cc):1500, Title:Clear, Garage Kept, No Accidents, One Owner.

It has been never wrecked or damaged. It will be shipped directly to your address.
The asking price is $3500US, shipping included. All the manuals and the original
documentation come along with the bike. You will receive it in
2-3 working days at your home address. It is
insured in case of damage.
The payment is fully refundable. If for any reason you do not accept the
unit or if it has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as
advertised I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you
reject it but i'm sure that it won't happen cause it works and
looks perfectly.
I believe it's a large transaction and would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party as eBay using their Purchase Protection Program , so that should eliminate any trust issues.ONLY AFTER you receive the bike and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected.
If you are a serious buyer and still interested in this bike please reply with your full name and shipping address so we get the ball rolling. I will forward your details to ebay and they will notify you regarding our deal.
Thank you,
If you need more pics just ask.
Thanks.
I told him my cousin will come to look at it :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

and reading his language skills, the Airforce must be struggling to find good officers now:shock:

And what I can't figure out is, why would an Airman stationed at Minot North Dakota put the ad on Birminghams Craig list?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

add says he don't want it to get old in backyard, but is garage kept. ??????????? FISHY sounding to me. If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, acts like a turd, it must be a turd in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

Hmmm....one owner since 1999. If we assume this is an actual Airman, was not an enlisted service member first and did not get rank taken away from him, then this guy is one fricken' old US Air Force Lieutenant. If the owner is in fact around what I guess is the average active duty lieutenant age (about 24 years old), then it means he bought the bike when he was close to 15-17 years old (taking into account leftover inventory). Either scenario screams B.S. and is quite comical when you take into account the observations of the above posters.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Total scam, Ebay doesn't handle 3rd party transactions. He'll also state the it's in a different location the first time you tell him you have some one close by to look it over for you before buying.

Now if he had mentioned PayPal he would've got it half right. PayPal doesn't hold funds until item received at all. Once you send funds, the money is transfered to the other party.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

Its a scam, I got the same reply to an ad in Houston Craigslist. Next day I saw the same pics in an ad on E-bay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.