Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 GL1100
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had such success coming to the right decision with my question about headlights for my 1100. I thought I would throw one out about the instrumentation cluster lights. Attached is a picture of my instrument cluster. The temp gauge and fuel gauge lights are even dimmer in real life than they are in the picture the needles can not really be seen at all, also my overdrive light has recently went out. I started going through parts Zila. And getting numbers for the bulbs but they are all new old stock and considering the work that needs to be done to disassemble the cluster and install the new bulbs. I’m wondering if it would just not be better to go with LEDs a quick search on eBay return, nothing concrete of any use. Anybody know somebody who does a prepackage harness set with replacement LEDs of suitable illumination level?
Automotive lighting Speedometer Gauge Mode of transport Entertainment

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,715 Posts
I found this thread in my Bookmarks, hope it helps

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,971 Posts
The speedo and tach look good. Make sure the bulbs in the temp and fuel are correct and working.
I don't think going LED is wise. You may end up with a dash that causes glare that reduces your view of the road.

·
Registered
83 GL1100
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
having something too bright is one of my concerns, that's why I'm looking at that single chip LED and just looking for instrument cluster applications not Dome lights or license plate lights. I'll power them up before install that's for sure!

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
1,091 Posts
1100 Dash lights are mini bayonet base, #57

1 - 9 of 9 Posts