Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
At that price, it is goign to be sitting there for another ten years!!

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
What would be a reasonable price for that bike? I have no idea myself, I am sure once you tore into the bike, that has been setting for 10yrs, there would be more to do than just clean and set the carbs.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
1000 at best, especially in the winter. If it was running, in April, might bring 2K

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Well it depends on how bad you want a 1975 Wing with all aftermarket goodies first..Then setting for ten years? Yeah its going to take brake work, belts, hoses, tires, OH and then carbs..But not for me no 6 grand of "I just gotta have it"...Might be good looking its its own way, but I can see about another 2 grand worth of just bits and pieces needed to get it on the road again,,,

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,908 Posts
Come on, give the guy a break. It's been "redone". ;)

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
$1,000 will sell, $1,500 would be pushing it, $2,000 is too much but somebody 'might' pay it if he really wanted it.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Maybe he doesn't really want to sell it, but put the ad up to get his wife off his back about it.
I think Broke Winger is on to something!!!! Maybe the guy is just trying to make the wife happy by listing it and pretending to sell it!!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
i saw an 85 limited last week for 40,000, hope it was a mis-print if not i'll sell mine for 35,000 and buy a new trike.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
i saw an 85 limited last week for 40,000, hope it was a mis-print if not i'll sell mine for 35,000 and buy a new trike.
Hadn't thought about that. Maybe the owner's keyboard stuck on a "0". Maybe it was supposed to be 600, not 6000. There wasnt a comma between the 6 and first 0. 600 would be a good deal, even if you had to spend 500-800 to get it road worthy (tires, oil, belts, coolant, filters and plugs, at a minimum).

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Yeah that would be a better price Bill, but I don't have the bucks to bet that the master cylinders, calipers, and brake lines are at best going to need a total rebuild..IF they can be rebuilt!!!

Carbs?? Well we all know that some times a kit will fix them, but again there have been times when several kits later it's still not running right...So finding a "good set" of rebuildable carbs can be expensive..

Control cables? who would trust them around the block??Not me...Those are not all that expensive, just knuckle busters getting them changed out...

Tires not a problem, can be bought at all most every motorcycle dealer or supply house, mounting again a knuckle buster or pay to have them mounted...

Since this Wing had a "points" system it could be changed over to a newer model, coils ? Are they good? If not what's the cost to change the points over??Yeah lots to consider..

Misc odds and ends from oil, oil, fuel, and air filters, to spark plugs, maybe even wires, and lets not forget a new set of timing belts, and the killer ..What shape is the fuel tank in? does it or will it just take a good cleaning or will it need replacing???

Even at $600.00 bucks this Wing is a money pit looking for a home..But here again, it is a faily good looking "old School" Wing with all of the aftermarket goodies on it, yeah it might be fun just to fix it up and ride it, but who ever buys it, best have plenty of bucks and lots of time...

Just my .02 cents worth...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.