Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 80 1100 wing....runs ok, looks decent but needs some TLC to be nice....been asking $1000 for it....can break it down and part it out....seems that the total sum from parting it out is around $1000 or more.....takes more time and effort....any ideas/opinions?.....Mick

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

slickster wrote:
I have an 80 1100 wing....runs ok, looks decent but needs some TLC to be nice....been asking $1000 for it....can break it down and part it out....seems that the total sum from parting it out is around $1000 or more.....takes more time and effort....any ideas/opinions?.....Mick
f you don`t mind getting real dirty & busting a couple of nuckels & have enough room to store all the parts & a place to dump some of the stuff after it doesn`t sell . Then part it out, but you can make room in one easy sale & keep your fingers from getting cut up & the wife or girlfriend happy by not cluttering up the garage. I would rather lose a little then wast my time & effort for a couple of more bucks. (just my .02)

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
imported post

slickster wrote:
Careful what you wish for - confish86 summed it up pretty good! Parting a bike is a LOT of work. From tear-down and catalog, to storage and photos. Eventually advertising and selling which usually involves FeeBay plus associated costs/time, payments, UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.

Some folks do it well and thrive on it and I'm always very grateful for the various good bits I need to keep hauling. I witnessed a friend parting out early 80's Voyager and grossed over $3k. Easily $2k or more than any offer he'd received for the complete bike. Trouble is - see 1st paragraph.

'Might try a couple small orphan items laying around, multiply that by 100 or more and see if it may work for you?

best...

·
Premium Member
12,692 Posts
imported post

Where is this bike ? If you go to "My Account " then click on "Profile " you can add your location . Someone nearby may wish to have the complete bike.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Someone had put a post looking for a project bike for them and their son. I cannot remember who it was, but it was last month or the month before. If I find it I will post it on this thread. Maybe some help for ya':baffled:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

looking for

The post was by tybme. :baffled:may still be looking!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.