Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

Dang!! Works for me too..:shock:

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

You need to attach that to the roll so it is on the backside, out of sight.

When someone pulls on the roll it comes up over the top...:boo:

Of course a hidden camera would be good but likely the film would be unsuitable for a family site.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

Seeing that spider could cause even a choir boy to shout out the primary purpose for being in there :)

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Okay, thankyou very much!!!

I will be going outside for my business for at least a week, if not more. :cheeky1:

But now on a serious note,,,

Over here in Florida we have those alot. You really see them in the older houses and barns.

We call them "House Watchers". Ask anyone of a decent age and they will know exactly what you are talking about.

What do you call them over there on that side of the pond?

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Holy Crap!!!!! That's one big spider.

If I saw that when I sat down (or when I was sitting down), I'd be out of there pretty quick, (with out doing the necessarypaper work).

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

The bigger they are, the better they barbecue. Drumstick anyone? :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,485 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
We call them "House Watchers". What do you call them over there on that side of the pond?
When I lived in Fla., (Borned and Raised there!), I called them Dead!!!!!!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

One time in Africa I came home after a little partying and there was something like that sitting on my bed.

I shot it with a 22 revolver, bad mistake, the old biddy who ran single quarters wanted to charge me for a blanket, two sheets and a mattress.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

that would bring out the 50 cal. don't care about the hole.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

Well, on the bright side, at least you'd be in the right place when you saw it...cause first you'd yell it, then you'd do it! :shock::crying: :whinger:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Gave me the creeps...... I went and fumigated both bathrooms.....If I ever walked in and saw one of those in my bathroom.....there would be a new door and probly a new exterior wall from all the bullet holes thru the old one......Man I hate spiders worse than I do snakes....And that sucker almost makes me want to adopt a full grown timber rattler as a house pet......I would feel safer......:shock:

Claude......

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

redbaron wrote:
Man I hate spiders worse than I do snakes....
You live in the wrong state to be a spider and snake hater don't ya? ;) I saw one of your Texas tarantula's crossing the Interstate when we were going through Texas on the way home from Calhoun. First time I've ever seen a spider on the Interstate, at least one big enough to see at 70 MPH. :)

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

You know what they say about Texas...everything's bigger!

Was camping years ago, unzipped the door to the tent and was greeted by a tarantula siting right outside my door. Was probably the only morning in 53 years on God's green earth that I ever woke up that fast!

Snakes don't bother me...spiders can turn me into a little screaming 3-year-old girl...esp. the big ones! [suP][suB]//O[/suB][/suP][suP][suB]\\[/suB][/suP]

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Snakes and spiders don't bother me. They are both MORE afraid of you than you are of them. :cheeky1:One time when I was camping out in the woods back in the early 80'snear Conroe Texas I woke up to find a rattlesnake had decided to cuddle beside me in my sleeping bag. :shock:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

82gl1100iwingman wrote:
Snakes and spiders don't bother me. They are both MORE afraid of you than you are of them. :cheeky1:
I'ld have to agree with you a little and disagree too.

Those spiders like that here at home figure out real quick what you have in mind when you come with a broom. They will jump at you and even chase you to get away!

We have a snake in the woods around here called a cottonmouth. It's one of the most aggressive snakes to encounter here in Fla. They too will chase you when you threaten then.

I've had both the incidents happen.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,787 Posts
imported post

I'm not afraid of spiders or snakes, "unless". I had an episode with a cottonmouth while fishing once. Crossing an earthen dam I met up with a cottonmouth that was crawling the opposite direction. Not enough room to go around so I tried to poke him with the end of my fishing pole to scare him away. Wrong thing to do. Just made him mad and he charged at me. Needless to say he made it to where he was going and I didn't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.