Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i am in the process of replaceing my stator, with a high output one, i have a lower light bar and all the stock lights how many more lights can i put on until i am at risk of overloading the stator i am installing

its about 38 or so amps 20% more than your stock 30 amp one

i want to install two brake led's on the saddle bags and replace the stock incandecants with led's also. i would like to run some ground effects maybe? or another light bar below my helmet box

i would like to have almost all led lights if possible i know the 194 bulb for the lower markers draw maybe 1/4 amp at the most an led one will draw half that at the most

just want to know what you light nuts have to say?

thanks

alex

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

LED's

The drawn considerably less power... some of them are really brighter than filament bulbs... see previous threads about LED's.

www.superbrightleds.com

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

If you go with LED bulbs I don't think you will have any problem. LED bulbs draw considerably less current than incandescent.
A 194 bulb draws about .27 (270 MA) amp.
A 194 LED, depending on the bulb, draws about .018 (18 MA) to .035 (35 MA) amp. The 194 LED bulb draws about 1/15 to 1/8as muchcurrentas the 194 incandescent.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

i have installed led bulbs to replace the ones in my motorhome, on average the crrent drawn has dropped to 10% of what was used, so leds are the way to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.