Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I ordered the wrist rockers and they arrived yesterday, unfortunately I had to wait till today to test them. I usually have to let go of the throttle and relieve the cramping in my right hand. I rode out for a little over 100 miles and was absolutely amazed, I never had a cramp or any other discomfort in my hand from holding the throttle in position.

I've had carpal tunnel surgery done in both wrists and it's left a weakness there, these inexpensive little thingies are great. It's going to make the trips much more enjoyable. Thanks to all for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Those things are great. Had one on my V-Star and just orderd one for the wing. 7.95 free shipping from fleabay.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i bought two of them a couple of years ago, put them on both my bikes, and liked it, but one day whilst at the local bike meet i went to move the bike, didnt put my gloves on, turned the bars to the left and the dam thing got stuck under my sleeve cuff as i was about to move, i very nearly lost control and nearly dropped it, luckily i didnt, so i took it offand bought a vista cruise control,and its been great, best bucks i ever spent, the throttle rockers are now hanging on a nail in my shed never to be used by me again,

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
imported post

That is why I loved the cruise on my 1500.

I set it on almost every ride, even if only for a mile.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
That is why I loved the cruise on my 1500.

I set it on almost every ride, even if only for a mile.
Same here..

Da Boss loves them on her bike however:action:

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

Yea, there great when they're working right........But what a pain when they pick up a glitch.........

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

On the HD I have an original "Throttle Rocker", before they had a patent infringment dispute with the "Crampbuster" folks. Both of these are all plastic that wraps around the grip, push down and it tightens up and won't turn, push up and it rotates around for easy adjustment or move out of the way. On the Wing I have the short & wide Crampbuster, have been using it for 5 years and never had any problems getting it caught on anything.Had the new Throttle Rocker on the GW and hated it. They changed it from a wrap-around plastic unit to a velcro attachement. It was a lot harder to adjust, and even with the rubber band that came with it I souldn't get it to not slip down. No such problems with the original TR or the Crampbuster. The original Crampbuster is a bunch narrower and a bit longer, maybe just enough to get caught on stuff.

On the left grip I have a "Throttle Spoon", A piece os spring steel around the grip with a wooden spoon type thing attached that can swing against the bars, out to a 90° angle or out past the grip and away from my hand. Have never seen another one like it, use it to rest the left hand, nice on long trips.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I have trimmed mine with of all things, a pocket knife! If they are too long, just trim them back a little. I actually use them for both wrists, and it sure makes a difference. I also have a Vista Cruise, and between the two, can go all day without hand issues.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I had the Kuryakyn ones on my V-star, loved em. They probably dont work as well as their wider counterparts, but I had cruise (throttle lock) on there too. Have the TL on the wing havent upgraded the grips yet. Maybe my wife will get 'em for my B-day in a couple weeks :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.