Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I took the floorboards off of my wing. They were starting to fall apart, and I really didnt care for the heel/toe shifting. I like having my foot right there on the shift lever, feels a little more solid. I got some pegs off of ebay.

Love my new/old wing!:cool:

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
imported post

Ditto that, the 83 I had came with floorboards, they were off of it within a week. Pegs made it feel more like a motorcycle instead of a barber chair.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

I did the same thing it just didn't feel right with the floor boards.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

The only time you'd need floorboards was if you had a pegged leg

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

I like boards.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
imported post

hell my feet dont stay on the pegs enough to know they are even there mine stay on my highway pegs enen at low speeds in parking lots lol i get alot of strange looks from other bikers when i am in trafic at 5mph or even less and my feet are on my highway pegs lol, to damb hot down here most the time to be that close to the motor haha, besides for me its more comfy of a ride.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
imported post

and besides taht my 6'1 ass has some long ass legs the normall pegs are fairly un comfy hurts my knees after just a few mins

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

Took my boards off. Made it feel like a completely different bike. Easier to move around, easier at stop signals and my ankles aren't bruised anymore.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Also makes it easier to remember that the side stand is down. Couldnt see it with the floorboard there.:waving:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

fatwing chris wrote:
I like boards.
I like broads, too.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
mikef wrote:
fatwing chris wrote:
I like boards.
I like broads, too.
Mike, is that broads as in those who wear skirts? :D
Yeah, he said that on purpose. He's always chasin' the skirts. ;)

My 1200 had boards on it when I got it. I hated them right from the start, but was told by several people to give them a month and I'd love them. I gave them a month and hated them more each day I rode with them. Couldn't get them off of there fast enough when the month was up. The pegs make me feel more in control.

John

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Well I finally got me a set of pegs!!!!:banana::banana::banana:will be sanding them down and repainting this weekend to get them on!

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
imported post

Well if anyone has a set of boards laying around and dont want them i would love to put them on my 1100 the pegs just fold my knees up way to much i would offer to trade but mine are not in the greatest of shape, and im kinda to broke to go and buy some new ones lol. i cant really use my pegs due to my knees with them folded up like that after my 30 min ride to work i can barely streatch my legs out to put my legs down, i only use them when there is a chill in the air seeing as how i dont have any riding gear lol its a bit chilly at 4am even here in texas lol.....

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I have a Wing exactly like Buford's and has the Boards. I am older now and the "Barber chair" effect is better for me after 100-200 miles.

The heel/toe shifter is less positive, that's true. But that is the price I pay for comfort.

The new copy Marklands work fine if the old ones are damaged.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

barber's chair :p

If I took mine off (barber's chair foot rest-s) I would hit the ground inthe 1st turn,when I start making sparks I know it is time to get closer to verti-cle :shock:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.