Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So just bought my first Goldwing and big surprise there was no tool kit :p Anyways I came across a page last week that had suggested tools to have in a kit, but do you think I can find the thing again. I have a GL1200 Interstate.
Does anyone have any good suggestions for tool kits, or links to other pages.

Thanks everyone!!

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
imported post

I have seen lot of tool kits for gl 1200 on ebay

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
imported post

pm sent

·
Premium Member
371 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Just throw it all in like I do. My toolbag weights 5lb probably.:cheeky1: Gotta have metrics for the bike then the Markland stuff ends up being standard. Geez, I have to have 2 sets of tools just to do any work on it. Of course you have to peel all the accessories back like a bananna peel just to find the bike.:D

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

It doesn't take too much to put together a better tool kit than the oem kit. I bought a soft bag from Wally mart and put in some metric stuff and an adjustable wrench as well as a pliers and a variety of screwdrivers and allen wrenches. There are some ties, some electrical tape, and maybe a small splice of wire in case I need to do a temp fix on the road. I do also carry some goop for flats and a tire repair kit and even a small 12v air pump and a tire gauge and a towel/oil rag. My left side saddlebag is mostly a tool kit.

Keep in mind that I have no reason to carry all that crap when I'm riding close to home, but I don't like not having any tools when I drive on down that happy highway and I don't care to load an unload it so I just leave it in there. I figure if I've got the tool with me, it's unlikely that I'll need it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

When I examined the tool kit for the 1500, I wasn't that impressed. The first thing I said to myself, is get rid of all the plastic inside and get more tools in there. But all the tools inside can remove the front wheel, mudguard and front forks, brakes and the rear end.
Thats pretty impressive don't you think for just a basic tool kit?
Of course you can add to it of course and get a manual too for the nitty gritty repairs you are bound to do.

Good luck with your new ride!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. This will be a big help. I have no big trips planned yet, but would like to and I wouldn't feel right not having a tool kit on a trip.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.