Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tool Loaner Program; Steering nut removal tool

12K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  XBENZX 
#1 ·
imported post

Our esteemed leader Wingnut has made a new tool availabe for the tool loaner program and I have received them as of yesterday. I have 2 available to ship out to those that can't make their own or afford to buy one. The rules will be the same as the sync gauge tool program. I will be able to ship these out starting the 1st of February.

These are brand new, not used.

Before anyone ask, I do not know which models these will fit as I've never had need of one. I will test one of them on my 1100 and post about it.

Requirements to be listed

1. 50 posts, at least 1 being within the last month.
2. Member of forum at least for 6 months.
3. No P. O. boxes for address. Should be able to find it with at least 1 online mapping site.
4. Current working phone number, can be land line or cell.
5. Pay shipping back to the person that sent it to you.

Shipping rules

1. No more than 5 day shipping used.
2. USPS preferred, Priority shipping.
3. Signature required for delivery.
4. Minimum of $100.00 insurance required.
5. Notify Bagmaster via PM that steering stem nut removal tool has been shipped to include tracking number if available.

General guidelines and instructions.

I, Bagmaster will maintian the list and make all adjustments to it, you will not be required to update the list on your own.

When you are ready to ship to the next person you need to PM me that it is available. I will PM you back the name and address to ship it to next. My return PM may take a day or 2 as first I'll be verifing with the next person on the list by phone that they are ready to use it. If you are going to tie it up for more than 2 weeks and some one else is ready for it then adjustments may be made to your position on the list. This is to ensure the least amount of turn around time for each person needing it.

Commincations could also be kept to the least expense if everyone has a Skype account so I can contact you a little faster, but not required.

If it has been more than 1 1/2 weeks since the tool was shipped and you haven't recieved it then contact me ASAP! so I can start tracking it down and get the reserve unit sent out.

See less See more
#3 ·
imported post

Hope one of them fits the 1500 steering head. My bearingsare in need of attention soon, as I'm getting a wobble around 60kph/40mph. :cool:

#5 ·
imported post

Well, I haven't had a chance to check these on my 1100 yet. Between PGR events this past week and a busted water pipe I need to fix today, it might be a few days before I get the chance.

Upon studying the manual though the design of the stem nut looks the same with 4 cutouts for the 4 contact points to fit into, just don't know if the diameter is the same or not.

#6 ·
imported post

Can you measure the witdth of the tool? On a 1000 the OD of the nut is 34mm and the ID of the cut outs for the tools tangs is about 29.4

#7 ·
imported post

Whiskerfish wrote:
Can you measure the witdth of the tool? On a 1000 the OD of the nut is 34mm and the ID of the cut outs for the tools tangs is about 29.4
That I can do, get back with an answer tomorrow.

#8 ·
imported post

Our first request for this new tool has been made by scotthohio. It will go out to him next month as soon as I have one of my checks in hand.

Hey, Dusty, don't you have a state-side address you have parts shipped to? I have no idea about getting this across the border to you in oder for you to avoid paying custom duty taxes on it.

#11 ·
imported post

Rule change for requirements. Rule 5 is being changed on all tools in the program to this.

5. Amended: Pay shipping forward to the next person you ship the tool to. No more paying shipping back to the one that sent it to you and paying cost to ship it forward. This way no one but me loses out on shipping costs. You pay it one time and one time only.

#13 ·
imported post

The tangs on these are 1.015 inches apart between all 4 tangs.

The tangs are .210 inches wide.

Outside diameter if the socket is 1.950 inches.

Inside diameter is 1.650 inches.

#15 ·
imported post

Thanks for posting that information Scott.

#16 ·
imported post

Like cycledude states - no fees, as it is not a 'purchase'. USPS is the best way to ship across the border in any case.

Yes, I do have a US shipping address, but since I'm moving to Ontario, I'll have to find a new one, if I'm close(1-2 hrs)to the Border.

Dusty

#18 ·
imported post

All out Alex wrote:
Hello,
Is this tool for swing arm removal. Im doing an engine removal on an 82 GL 1100
Thanks Alex
Nope, gotta make or buy your own.

#21 ·
imported post

All out Alex wrote:
Thanks , any suggestions for a purchase?
I have a hand fabricated swing arm removal tool the works well. As soon as I get mine back together, I will send it to Bagmaster or whoever needs it.

Any one fabricating, two tricks:
First the OD is 40mm
Second, the tangs can be located easily by using the swingarm cap tangs as a guide.

#22 ·
imported post

Brojees wrote:
All out Alex wrote:
Thanks , any suggestions for a purchase?
I have a hand fabricated swing arm removal tool the works well. As soon as I get mine back together, I will send it to Bagmaster or whoever needs it.

Any one fabricating, two tricks:
First the OD is 40mm
Second, the tangs can be located easily by using the swingarm cap tangs as a guide.
I think you can take care of that. Got enough here to keep me busy.

#23 ·
imported post

So does this fir the 1500 steering head nut or not?
I have a riked fork on mine & it VERY hard getting the to nut down.
Was able to get the bottom nut down with help from friend.
They are not crossed threaded, just VERY tight.
Send PM
Skip20

#24 ·
imported post

skip20 wrote:
So does this fir the 1500 steering head nut or not?
I have a riked fork on mine & it VERY hard getting the to nut down.
Was able to get the bottom nut down with help from friend.
They are not crossed threaded, just VERY tight.
Send PM
Skip20
Yes, the steering stem nut removal tool fits the 1500's and the 1800's, nothing else.

#25 ·
imported post

Put me on the list.
What happens if the tang brake off, do I have to pay for it?
PM sent.

skip20

#26 ·
imported post

skip20 wrote:
Put me on the list.
What happens if the tang brake off, do I have to pay for it?
PM sent.

skip20
If you break a tang off one of these I'll give you the Superman award!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.