Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Working on having one made thanks to a donated part from broke. Have a buddy doing one out a 1/2 in impact socket. Will be 1100 based

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts

·
Banned
1,234 Posts

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
If you live in the BayArea/Sac/Norcal......

I bought one off of Ebay, so If you need to borrow it, PM me and I'll try and hook up with you on mine.....

Rick/KG in Bay Area

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I was asked to donate stainless steel steering stem sockets a number of years ago and did donate, just curious are they still being used ? I also have more sockets forsale if anyone is interested , $39 includes shipping to 50 states, would need to charge extra shipping for other countries.
My steering stem socket fits all Honda motorcycles built since 1984, not sure about pre 1984

·
12,840 Posts
I was asked to donate stainless steel steering stem sockets a number of years ago and did donate, just curious are they still being used ? I also have more sockets forsale if anyone is interested , $39 includes shipping to 50 states, would need to charge extra shipping for other countries.
My steering stem socket fits all Honda motorcycles built since 1984, not sure about pre 1984
Thanks for the update on what they will fit! They have been getting used occasionally but they might see some more use if the members know they work on the 1200's too. :waving:

John

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I need to get the steering head socket for the 1800, anyone have any idea how to get a hold of Allen?

·
12,840 Posts
I need to get the steering head socket for the 1800, anyone have any idea how to get a hold of Allen?
I don't and if the stats on his profile are right, he hasn't been on the forum since 12-24-2013. If that's the case then I would say the tool loaner program is officially defunct. Halfling is the last one that I know of to contact him and that was also back in 2013. He may have a phone number for him.

John

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Actually, Im going to be in Florida next month, If I could get a hold of Allen I could just stop in and pick it up.

·
93 Posts
I made my own socket from a PARK TOOL FR-6 bicycle freewheel remover $14 - just filed about 1mm off the sides of the teeth,worked great.
Make sure you get the PARK TOOL - the cheap ones don't have the correct inside tooth diameter.

·
Administrator
58,432 Posts
There's a guy on Ebay - dans64s5 that has the sockets needed for this job - i got the larger one for the 2 lower 8 notch nuts from him $35 shipped
Good news and thanks for that post.

It seems that our host for the tools has vanished along with the tools.

·
12,840 Posts
Good news and thanks for that post.

It seems that our host for the tools has vanished along with the tools.
We still have one forum owned steering nut tool in our possession. Since we had two, he had me managing the one for the Western US. I still have it in my possession. It's been used a few times.

John

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
John, I will be in Florida the week after N8, not to far from Allens place. If you wish to make contact wih him to get the tools back, I'd be happy to swing in and retrieve them. I know he lives in Merritt Island, but don't know his address. I think I have his phone number somewhere if you need it I can look for it.

·
Administrator
58,432 Posts
Thanks John,

we do need to get the tools back into the system and appoint a new "tool manager" for the eastern regions.
Do I hear a volunteer there :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
AZ and I have discussed this and I have agreed to help monitor the Tool Loaner Program.

I like the original requirements of the program (with a couple minor changes) and would appreciate any input that others may have to help make the program beneficial to all.

Here are the requirements:

Requirements to be a Borrower:

1. 50 posts, at least 1 being within the last month.
2. Member of forum at least for 6 months.
3. No P. O. boxes for address. Should be able to find it with at least 1 online mapping site.
4. Your current working phone number, can be land line or cell.
5. Pay shipping to the next Borrower or back to the person that sent it to you, however instructed.

Shipping rules

1. No more than 5 day shipping used.
2. USPS preferred, Priority shipping, flat rate box.
3. Tracking number Must be provided!
4. Notify jobe05 via PM that tool(s) have been shipped to include tracking number.

General guidelines and instructions.

I, jobe05 will maintain the list and make all adjustments to it, you will not be required to update the list on your own.

When you are ready to ship to the next person you need to PM me that it is available. I will PM you back the name and address to ship it to next. My return PM may take a day or 2 as first I'll be verifying with the next person on the list by phone that they are ready to use it. If you are going to tie it up for more than 2 weeks and some one else is ready for it then adjustments may be made to your position on the list. This is to ensure the least amount of turn around time for each person needing it.

If it has been more than 1 1/2 weeks since the tool was shipped and you haven't received it then contact me ASAP! so I can start tracking it down and get the reserve unit sent out if available.

So far, the specialty tools that I have are as follows:

Steering head socket for GL1500 and GL1800. May fit other years as well.

Carb Sync Tool with hoses and conections:

Available if needed, 1/2" Torque Wrench:

And I will be ordering a Spring Compression tool for the rear shock on the 1800's. This will not be available till Oct 15th 2015.

Please note that these are not forum owned tools, these are my personal tools that like you, I will rarely use so loaning them out to people with the same goals and ambitions seems like the right thing to do. If you have Goldwing related, job specific tools that you would be willing to put up on loan to other members, your welcome to add your tools to the list, and they will be tracked so you will always know where they are at at any given time.

I appreciate everyones cooperation in making the Tool Loaner program a beneficial part of being a forum member.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Jobe 05 & AZ GL800 I still have in my possession the steering stem socket for the 1500's. I can either hold onto it here or send it back to you guys. Your looking for a eastern member to help out. I will offer if you need me to. Pm if you wanna talk further.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.