Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I took my top box lid off to fit some rear speakers into the pods.When I put it all back together the back of the box is slightly higher than the front.Is there any adjustment on the 1800lid to bring it back in line.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Sorry Phil I don't have an answer for ya but this will bring it back to the top of the page.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

You didn't need to remove the lid, the speakers can be replaced with the lid fitted.
Can you post a photo of the gap? A slight variation isn't unusual, but a photo will give us a better idea.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

GWNorman wrote:
You didn't need to remove the lid, the speakers can be replaced with the lid fitted.
Can you post a photo of the gap? A slight variation isn't unusual, but a photo will give us a better idea.
I bought a kit complete with theloom and full fitting instructions which gave step by step instructions on how to do it.I realised during fitting that half the steps including lid removal wern't required and I could have saved myself a lot of time.I would have done better asking on here 1st I think.I looked at a photo of the lid took a while ago and it looks uniform all around but now the gap is wider by the backrest.I also seem to have to apply a bit more pressure to close the lid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

That doesn't look too bad, but they are knoen to be awkward to refit. Loosen all the hinge bolts, give the lid a wiggle sideways and retighten the bolts. That often works, and assumes you haven't trapped any wires.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

Getting the gap right is easier said than done Phil. Often the wire harness gets in the way. They should look like mine in the pictures below, the main harness tucked in so it doesn't get caught on the step at the back of the trunk body.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the response and photo's I will go and have a another go on sunday see if can get it sorted.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

As said above by the others, sounds like wires getting in the way of the hinges. In woodworking it's known as 'hingebound'

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

If you look at the second picture Andy posted of the left hinge (left when sitting on the bike), the wire harness to the left of the hinge need to be pushed in like in the picture. A lot of people pull it out thinking it should be a loop, then it gets caught and pushes the trunk up at the back. That part of the harness is a problem area anyways, the wires can get trapped and frayed by the hinge.

BTW Andy, you are missing a wire clip from your right side hinge. there should be one same as on the left side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.