Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi this is my first post as a new member. Can anyone tell me how to install lights in the topbox of my 1800, Many thanks The Rev

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the board Rev. What kind of lights, can you be more specific?
There are running and turn signal lights in the trunk already, is it blown bulbs you need to replace, or accessory lights you want to fit?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome The Rev[/align]

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the welcome and reply. The top box on my 2001 Gold Wing does not have any lights fitted just empty lenses. I feel it would be added safety to at least have brake lights in the top box and it shouldn't be too difficult to wire them from the standard lights just below. Has anyone done this and can give me any tips.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. A few of the UK members have had that problem. I thought it was the saddlebag lights that were blank, but it could have been the ones in the trunk. Most of those owners bought the bulb holders and cut holes in the back of the lenses to fit the holders. You should find the posts on that by using the forum search.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. I heard about the saddle bag lights not having the bulbs, but the trunk? Well, it just goes to show you that each bike is different. Did you buy the bike used? it should just be a few bulb holders and some holes to cut in the back of the lenses. the place to cut the holes will probably be pre-marked. Once you get the holes cut and the bulbs/holders in place the rest is just connecting to the proper wires. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.