Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I notice that the trunk box on my 1991 goldwing UK specis set up to take bulbs holders in the light unit but no wiring or bulb holders are fitted.

What is involved in putting these working, is the loom already adapted for this.

Also the bike came with a set of cornering lights (not fitted) show chrome make. what is involved is wiring them to work full-time. Do I need relays etc.

Thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

There is no wiring in the trunk for this, nor are there any plug-in points in the loom for it either. You can buy the bulbholders and wiring harness that teh US models have, but they still don't plug into the bikes loom and you have to splice them in the hard way. Same goes for the cornering lights. You will have to do it all yourself. The opening statement on this page by the wingnut describes the differences between UK and US models.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/fromthecrate.htm

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Interesting to see the differences between the different markets. Surely it would be better if Honda fitted the same harnesses to all the Goldwings regardless of market. I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm to customer relations as well. :?

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Yeah and it would prevent these Irish guys importing these old left hand drive wings from the states. :stumped:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

All the Wings seem to be like this. The US ones get all teh extra wiring and we just get less on our bikes and have to pay more for the privelige.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
All the Wings seem to be like this. The US ones get all teh extra wiring and we just get less on our bikes and have to pay more for the privelige.
You're not alone. Honda have been told about this grievance for years and they just don't want to bother.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.