Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

top box lights

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  gaswing 
#1 ·
imported post

I notice that the trunk box on my 1991 goldwing UK specis set up to take bulbs holders in the light unit but no wiring or bulb holders are fitted.

What is involved in putting these working, is the loom already adapted for this.

Also the bike came with a set of cornering lights (not fitted) show chrome make. what is involved is wiring them to work full-time. Do I need relays etc.

Thanks for any info

#2 ·
imported post

There is no wiring in the trunk for this, nor are there any plug-in points in the loom for it either. You can buy the bulbholders and wiring harness that teh US models have, but they still don't plug into the bikes loom and you have to splice them in the hard way. Same goes for the cornering lights. You will have to do it all yourself. The opening statement on this page by the wingnut describes the differences between UK and US models.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/fromthecrate.htm

#3 ·
imported post

Interesting to see the differences between the different markets. Surely it would be better if Honda fitted the same harnesses to all the Goldwings regardless of market. I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm to customer relations as well. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.