Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

You should  all be aware  (RAOFLMFAO) that I was watching  our local "Discovery"  TV channel, and the topic was " the greatest top ten bikes of all time "  and after they had rolled thru the cool  Ducati's, the original harleys, the top racers,the motto Guzzi's  etc,etc, etc... I was only partially watching .... they finally got to the top:  Number one ... the greatest bike of all : I waited with bated breath :..... and it was ... a Honda Cub  50
      (apparently 40 million sold) .. and the one they featured was RED
...  It took me 4 minutes to stop laughing !!!!                              oh.... after they had done all the top bikes , they spent the last 6 minutes of this TV show trying very hard to destroy  this poor old Honda 50... ... Overloading it with 300# of Pizza boxes, and groceries....... changing the oil to used Chip fat oil ... (it still ran ...) , and finally dropping it off a three strory building ... which bent the front wheel a bit... but it still started /forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif... and ran about 5 feet /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/clapper.gifuntil the front wheel jammed up a bit........ Amazing !!!.... RedWing will be so pleased  ! /forums/images/emoticons/dude.gif... Now I could not  really see on this TV Show  if it had Bridgestones on it.... ..but .... I am selling my GoldWing, I guess... but that leads to the question ... What is Your personal favourite bike of all time....... and to enter this contest... You have to give cogent reasons... I know what RedWing will say...                                                                                                                                My personal fav was an old  Suzuki  250 X-6... tiny tiny little pistons, screaming fast... probably scary fast ... but I was much younger in '67../forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gif. tough ('cept for the %#&#% points )  .... seized it  once, and it was rebuilt ........... took me back and forth across Canada 4 times... and never left me hanging  anywhere on our trips...                           So what is your top ten  (or even 5 ) list include ?????... SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif                                                                          

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Mine would have to be the 1983 GL1100 Standard which is my current bike. It would be my number one because it meetsMY needs so well. It handles good, is not too heavy, has good balance andwith detachable hard bags and truck I can take enough for a two week trip or ride naked if I wish. I like the appearance, the ride, the easy ofair adjustments for extra weight. With the Windjamer mounted in winter, I can ride year round. I only wish Honda would make a new one just like it. I would buyone tomorrow!!:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

That's ahard question?!

There's the classics that were awesome in their day, the Old "650 Bonny"s" , "BSA's" and "Norton's"!!!

I also remember seeing the first "V-Max" and just starring at it for an hour!

Also did the same with the "Kaw Z-900", right after I bought a new CB 750!

And the first 1975 Wing blew my mind, it was very different looking back then!

Oh yea also wanted a "XS 1100 Yammy" real bad too!

Use to be a "Bike"Museum in Vegas, pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I rode a 1975 Kawasaki 900-Z1 for a whole Summer, and it has to be one of my favorites for sure. It was quite the terror on the streets when it came out in the mid 70's.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

The all time best has to be the "Vincent Black Shadow" a bike way ahead of its time for performance and handling. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Honda CB750 4

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

hi all,i would definitely say the honda cb 250 n superdream is the best all round motorcycle;)...bri,u.k.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I think the whole 'top ten' idea of anything is pretty useless. Since everyone has their own favorites and will differ who's to tell which is number one or whatever.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

globetrotter wrote:
The all time best has to be the "Vincent Black Shadow" a bike way ahead of its time for performance and handling. :cool:
You are right about that M8!

Plus the "Norton Commando" which they are making again in Oregon!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey :waving: I bet you guys wont look down on me anymore. This little lady is the best that Honda has ever built. Hurragh for the Honda 50. :clapper:

Thats me on my Honda 50 with my cap on. :grinner:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

my 2000 HD Road King classic (which was stolen from me last year). Was a beautiful RED, never failed to turn an eye. Comfortable to ride, lots of power, could go 500+ days. My 2005 road King (see avatar) is almost as good.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hope you're not the "Drunk" with the "Sunflower and Cane"???!!!!!!:goofygrin:

Scary looking Bunch!:baffled:

Probably the Original "Hells Angels"!!!!:goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Hey :waving: I bet you guys wont look down on me anymore. This little lady is the best that Honda has ever built. Hurragh for the Honda 50. :clapper:

Man, now that's a fearsome looking posse. REDWING you look just like the Hanging judge, Roy Bean in that hat, you just need a string tie!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Second from the left, next to Redwing.... is that a pancake on his head?

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Looks more like a Belgian waffle!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

No Wabbit?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Second from the left, next to Redwing.... is that a pancake on his head?

Pete
It was a perfect stranger who heard he could get his picture in Steve's Forum by putting a pancake on his head and posing with "THE WILD BUNCH" :sozzled:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
What, are you the strange looking one with the cain and big sunflower on your jacket? And I see a couple of guys who look like they have pancakes on their heads. I don't know, like everyone else, that is a strange looking bunch. But fortunately, you can't cause too much trouble on a Honda 50.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I thought it was a clip from "Easy rider"!:baffled:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.