Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've got a guts-up BSA build in the house. Almost done. A maintenance hog in the carport outside. Old bikes are more trouble to maintain. I have a new girlfriend coming over in the morning for a ride to breakfast. I guess I should remove the backpack from the sissy bar. Women are dangerous.

Don't bullshit yourselves. But we can't do anything about them. I'll order an omelet. She'll ride behind me. I'll be a wuss.

Good morning I think.

I do hope so..

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I have found that having two lovers (or even three) is a very hard situation to manage. I would tout the virtues of honesty... and just be upfront and straight forward with the new lady friend.

Just tell her outright... "I am a motorcycle dude! I ride, build and love motorcycles. If you cannot deal with that... make your choice."

You know in your own heart you are not going to change.

I have seen your posts. You have friggin' motorcycle... in full rebuild glory... spread out on your dining table... in your blessed kitchen for god's sake.

Be true! Let her see the whole you! Just tell her... this is who I am.

If you're lucky... you'll wind up with a woman like CJ's lovely wife Red...

Otherwise... you'll be better off in the long run on your own.

Hang tight... and tough... and be true!

You'll do fine!

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
imported post

My wife let me work on a trump in the kitchen, we been together 43 years.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:
I have found that having two lovers (or even three) is a very hard situation to manage. I would tout the virtues of honesty... and just be upfront and straight forward with the new lady friend.

Just tell her outright... "I am a motorcycle dude!  I ride, build and love motorcycles.  If you cannot deal with that... make your choice."

I have seen your posts.  You have friggin' motorcycle... in full rebuild glory... spread out on your dining table...  in your blessed kitchen for god's sake.

Be true!  Let her see the whole you!  Just tell her... this is who I am.

You'll do fine!
On our first date, 22 years ago, I asked Red, "do you like motorcycles?"

"Yeah!" She replied, while crawling up on the back of my old Suzuki GS 750. Been back there ever since.....

And that was one of the best days of my life, even though I didn't know then how happy and good every day and every year was going to be...

(An old bike and a new girl friend....1989)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

We men will do the damnest things for .....uh...well...you know what I am trying to say...
When my (current) wife and I met 18 years ago, I had 3 motorcycles, and she said, "How important are motorcycles in your life". She had the crap scared out of her as a youngster, and was still somewhat afraid of motorcycles.
I told her, that motorcycles were a part of my past and I wanted to keep them in my future.
She took a ride with me on the GL1000 and we have been riding together for 18 years now and the last 5 years she has been riding a trike of her own!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

I came across this in the Fun Forum while searching for "cigarette" lighter power outlet - somehow in my mind, it seems to fit with this thread "Torn Between Two Lovers" As originally posted by Norseeman:

Stranded for 10 years!

A man is stranded on a desert island, all alone for ten years. One day, he sees a speck in the horizon. He thinks to himself, "It's not a ship." The speck gets a little closer and he thinks, "It's not a boat." The speck gets even closer and he thinks, "It's not a raft." Then, out of the surf comes this gorgeous blonde woman, wearing a wet suit and scuba gear.

She comes up to the guy and she says, "How long has it been since you've had a [highlight= rgb(255, 255, 136);]cigarette?"

"Ten years!" he says.

She reaches over, unzips a waterproof pocket on her left sleeve and pulls out a pack of fresh cigarettes.

He takes one, lights it, takes a long drag and says, "Man, oh man! Is that good!"

Then she asks, "How long has it been since you've had a drink of whiskey?"

He replies, "Ten years!"

She reaches over, unzips her waterproof pocket on the right, pulls out a flask and gives it to him.

He takes a long swig and says, "Wow, that's fantastic!"

Then she starts unzipping this long zipper that runs down the front of her wet suit and she says to him, "And how long has it been since you've had some REAL fun?"

And the man replies, "My God! Don't tell me you've got a motorcycle in there!"

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

jlbc212 wrote:
Then she starts unzipping this long zipper that runs down the front of her wet suit and she says to him, "And how long has it been since you've had some REAL fun?"

And the man replies, "My God! Don't tell me you've got a motorcycle in there!"
nice

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:

Just tell her outright... "I am a motorcycle dude! I ride, build and love motorcycles. If you cannot deal with that... make your choice."

I have seen your posts. You have friggin' motorcycle... in full rebuild glory... spread out on your dining table... in your blessed kitchen for god's sake.

Be true! Let her see the whole you! Just tell her... this is who I am.

You'll do fine!
Well said 385.

Tom....you're no wuss. The BSA on the kitchen table is awesome.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

The old Honda has been sitting all summer because the inspection, registration and insurance had run out and I just couldn't justify the expendature to renew everything in my present financial state. Got it legal a few days ago and put a few miles on it. The only real storage relatedproblem was very low tires and it was dirty as hell. I had it all serviced ad washed by this morning and it was warmed up by the time she got here.

Have any of you guys ever had a passenger who really knew how to be a passenger on a back seat? I actually had to look in the mirror to make sure she was still back there. She didn't wiggle around and she kept her weight perfectly centered in the bike's verticle center ofgravety. When she climbed on the bike she didn't do it like she was saddeling a horse. Had my feet planted and holding the brake and she climbed onboarde without so much as a wiggle. She scared me several times in 50 miles because I thought I had been too focused and didn't notice she'd fallen off three miles back. Look in the mirror, her red helmet.

She is one hell of a passenger. She's the one who suggested I buld the BSA in the kitchen last witer. I bought the first motorcycle I'd ownedin twenty years from her 13 years ago.

I hauled her carcass 9000 miles behind me on a GL1000. That's a whole nuther bunch of stories.

But it was nice to be able to reach back and pat her knee. Like the old days.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

KC9KAS wrote:
Gotta love it when bike & woman both "performed flawlessly"!
very true.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
But it was nice to be able to reach back and pat her knee. Like the old days.
I thought we were dealing with a new girlfriend.

You holding out on us?

:ROFL:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Oh Lawdy... I think I have summin' caught in my eye...

Come together guys... come together now and form a circle.

Now join hands and lets sing a round or two of Kumbayah...

;)

Tom that is one tasty sweet ride you got there...

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

Sounds like she a good lady I found one to she help me build build my house and get get my 15 year old daughter and but up with my rc model flying all in the first year we were together. I have 6 rc models in the living room and two bikes outside and help my girls highs school marching band when ever they need help leaves very little time for he and I but is she still with me I would not trade her for anything. So if she likes you for what you are and you her keep her and dont changer ethere one. Im glad i didnt and she also loves to ride with me George

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.