Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, me again...
Don't mean to be a pest on this great forum, but I am looking for a decent mechanic in the Toronto/Scarborough/Mississauga area who is skilled with repairing Goldwings. I know many motorcycle shops in Toronto, but they mostly repair the sport bikes and other smaller models.

Thanks for any help.

Goldwing Steve in Toronto.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Not in the city,but Mission Cycle in Angus,Orillia Motor Sports and JC Cycle in Wasaga Beach all work on Wings(even old ones).JC would probably be my first choice.Lindsay Cycle also sell and work on all models of Wings.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Up to last year I would have agreed with Chirs on JC in Wasaga Beach as I have have been to him a few times and very happy with the results. But I had my bike to him last year just before NASSIR 3 cost me about $1500.00 and I was totally unimpressed with the work performed. I think he may have been using a helper with some of the work and the helper may have been the root of my concerns. For me it's an awful far way to drive for service I am not 100% happy with.

I know RnR cycle just south of Sutton on 48 works on wings of all ages, I can't vouch for how good they are as I have never used them for service but they are good for parts and advice.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

Not sure if this is close enough but there is a guy in Aurora, Chris's Motorcycle Service he is east of warden on aurora rd. #905-888-4607 he has very reasonable rates and is a great guy. I have had both my 2003 1100 V Star Classic and my 2007 1800 wing in for service. I have no complaints at all, cheap hourly rate, great work, professional and accomidating. I have recommended him to many people with no problems reported. Give him a call and have a chat. I know it doesn't mean he is a better mechanic but he does own a wing as well.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yes you're right, I sent him an email the other day and he has not gotten back to me.

He used to do oil changes for me on my GL1200 a few years ago.

Thanks!

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

I use Rosie Toes on Wendall Ave (Wilson / Weston Rd) when it's something I can't do myself. He (Ted)works on anything with two wheels.

416-241-two five two three.

Do not expect a marble floored showroom and lounge.

Is there a particular item hexing your bike? I largely do my own because of the hassle of back and forth, waiting etc. Lot's of resources on the site.

P.S. You're not a pest. Today you have a question. Tomorrow you may have an answer to someone else's question. Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger wrote:
Up to last year I would have agreed with Chirs on JC in Wasaga Beach as I have have been to him a few times and very happy with the results. But I had my bike to him last year just before NASSIR 3 cost me about $1500.00 and I was totally unimpressed with the work performed. I think he may have been using a helper with some of the work and the helper may have been the root of my concerns. For me it's an awful far way to drive for service I am not 100% happy with.

I know RnR cycle just south of Sutton on 48 works on wings of all ages, I can't vouch for how good they are as I have never used them for service but they are good for parts and advice.
Haven't been in to his shop for a while.Didn't know he wasn't doing the work himself.I've never had anything done there myself(I do all my own)but know a lot of people that have over the years.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hehehe, yeah I know Rosey Toes very well. My friends and I call him captain belch.javascript:emoticon(':applause:',%20'images/emoticons/applause.gif')

I guess I will have to take it to him since he's the nearest shop to me. Collingwood is quite far for me.

Thanks for all the advise..
Goldwing Steve
:applause:

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

I have done most of my own wrenching on my wings.

Before I was wing-worthy, I had an '81 CB 650. I had some work done on it by Twin Season Recreation (TSR). I found them great to work with. I still call on them when I need spare parts or tires. They have recently relocated from Winston Churchill Blvd to Georgetown.

While they have never actually worked on my wings, I wouldn't have any hesitation in using them.

http://www.tsrltd.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.