Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello all. Bike is a 1984 Aspencade. I've had it about a month...still working the
bugs out. About 58,000 miles showing. I noticed today that theodometer (the analog one on the left side of dash) is not working. It has been working, but not now. I took it for a quick ride just to see if the speed I was going had any effect. Didn't seem to matter. The tenth indicator moved about 1/2 click. Does this indicator get its input from the didital speedo? I looked it over good and all I am seeing is the wire and pick-up going to the front wheel for the speedo. I sure would like for this to work to make keeping up with oil change etc. easier. Any help will be appreciated...Thanks...shydog

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

shydog,

I have seen this question come up in the past. Seems like the answer was to look on ebay for a used one. From what I understand they are not repairable. Maybe someone will have a better idea!

Bob :11grey:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Pretty much like Bob said, most likely you'll have to replace it. If you want a cheap mileage indicator just to keep track of miles for maintenance it's not too hard to adapt a digital bicycle speedo, they track mileage. You could hide it in a fairing cubby. Since it's not working why not take it out and see what's what with the thing. If it's already kaput you can't hurt it. Maybe get lucky. I think these things have a little relay with an armature that ratchets on a pawl to step them along with pulses from the speedo unit or the speedo pickup.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks for the input. The bicycle digital speedo idea sounds good. For now, I'll just write my mileage down from the trip meterwhen I gas up and keep up with it that way. Thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.