Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an Orange '03 w/18.2K miles for sale w/salvage title (not ABS). I live in Tempe, AZ and am interested in selling the whole thing rather then parting it out. I am asking $5K OBO.

It hit a cow at 70MPH, but was a glancing blow of the head and neck of the cow to the front of the motorcycle (I was there at the accident, it was my brothers bike, he is OK, bike never went down), as such it missed the front wheel and fender.

It runs and drives fine. All of the front & lower front plastic, shelter, dash, display and right radiator/fan would need to be replaced.

I am keeping the CB & CD Player from the bike.

Please send me a private message if your interested and include your email address and I will send you pictures, answer any questions, etc.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

PICTURES .PICTURES PICTURES :baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

OK here is one of the pictures!

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,175 Posts
imported post

Your brother was a very lucky fellow to have survived that incident.

Looks like a lot of plastics need to be found for it now.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

Looks pretty fixable. If only Scotthohio will deliver it to me!:cheeky1:

Of course, he'll have to tape a flashlight to it to drive at night:shock:

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

That is an outstanding color. Classic Orange will ride again!

Daveo

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

Perfect oportunity for someone to build an 1800 standard.

And in my opinion $5k is too much. It's was totaled because it would cost more to fix it than it is worth. The insurance campany has already settled on it (and we know this because if they hadn't you would not be able to sell it) and you (or your brother actually) bought it back from the insurance company for a couple hundred bucks. Selling it for $5K at this point is superfluous. I doubt very seriously that anyone is going to pay that kind of money for a bike that will cost at least that much more in parts alone to repair. The audio unit alone is $1,100 .And then have to go through a mind numbingly frustrating process of inspections before they can retitle it as a road worthy vehicle. They could buy one that is ready to ride and probably still has some warranty on it for that much money.

You could make that kind of money on it, and probably more by parting it out.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

:D:D:D:DRe-list it as a Cowasaki.:D:D

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Well a couple of things:
As I think I mentioned, the bike was totaled by the insurance company and I (it was my brothers bike) did purchase it from the insurance company, thus it would be a Salvaged tiles, as I mentioned.

The audio unit on the shelter is fine and functions properly, however the LCD display up on the dash is blasted.

I do not think the insurance company was aware of how good a condition the bike was in. I think the assumption is that when you "hit a cow" there would not be much left to salvage.

Fortunately for my brother it was a glancing blow of the cows head and neck and the cow spun around behind the bike so most of the energy was absorbed by the cow, not the bike.

As I mentioned the bike died on impact and my brother continued on down the road another 50 feet or so, put down the side stand and got off the bike. The bike never went down. He said he felt like he "went right through the cow."

If I bought it back from the insurance company for a couple hundred $'s I would be keeping it for parts or rebuilding it myself for a profit, who wouldn't!

I have since gotten it started and it drives fine. It appears the lean angle sensor is mounted up in the front dash and this unit was hanging upside down after impact (kept the motor from starting).

I was specifically interested in the CB radio for my '05 and I see where used ones are few and far between and the new one's are discounted for around $800.

Anyway I'm not trying to hide anything, I think I have stated all of the details correctly from the get go.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

AccuPro you are 100% correct.You posted the item for sale and as with a free market it is a willing buyer and willing seller.:weightlifter:

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

I guess I need to make it cler that I did not intend to imply you were hiding anything. On the contrary I though you were pretty open on the condition of the bike.

I simply stated that I thought the price was to high and gave some of my reasons for it.

If I gave the impression that I was accusing you fo anything dishonest I apologize it was not my intent. As I mentioned before if you want to make that much money off of it you would do well to consider partin it out. i think you'd probably make even more.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

ztoolman wrote:
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

ztoolman wrote:
Good one Ztoolman:bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::pumpkin::pumpkin:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

ztoolman wrote:
Oh moooooo Oops I mean boooooo:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Come on you lot enough is enough ,, no need to milk it :D:D

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

But Wexy, you know they'll thrash it to hamburger. :)

Mike

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

PUNY, PUNY, PUNY, PUNY.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

:D:D:DOrange you glad this isn't another cow joke:D:D:D

Sorry I couldn't resist

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

What a load of bull :)

He was probably heading for a Dairy Queen :D