Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone,

I just finished changing my timing belts and flushing the cooling system. Now I need to change the shock oil and hopefully I will be ready to go. What I need now is a small bottle of Touch up Paint. Any help would be appreciated. 84 Model

Wineberry Red or Burgundy/ Maroon,,,,,I have been told both, not sure wich is correct...

Thanks,

Dean

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

GWEddie,

Thanks,

Dean

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

DIFFERENT WINEBERRY COLORS

I checked on the color, their chart only goes back to 86, the color looked different although it was Wineberry, I wrote them and ask about the 84 color and this is what they replied..

Hi Dean We have your color.There are actually two Candy Wineberrys
used on Honda.Both of them have the same color code,which is R114CU but they
are different colors.Your color is a three stage application requiring a
silver base color,a candy maroon mid color which is applied over the silver
base color and a finishing gloss clear.Thank you for your e-mail.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

That's right Dean. All the Wineberries were actually 3-coat (or 3-stage) paint, the difference between the gl1100 & 1200 version is the second stage (maroon) colour. You would be as well to get a pro sprayer to do this for you unless you know what you are doing as it's very easy to put too much or too little of the red on and get a totally wrong colour.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Brian,

Thanks for the info. They have the paints inapplicator pens, and in bottles with a small brush applicator , or larger cans,,,,...I am not sure how the pens would work with 3 seperateapplications.....seems it would be difficult do get the correct amout of each....$45 to $50 for the 3 pens:baffled:...

Dean

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Don't expect too much from the pen Dean. I got them and I personally think it was a waste of cash. It's just that type of paint that really needs to be done by a sprayer as teh touch-up pens aere a compromise.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Alan,

Thank you, I believe you are correct...I ordered the jars instead of the pens, 2ounces each jar instead of 1/2 ounce in the pens, only a coulple of bucks more for each color ..

Ihave a friend who does body work, he said he would do it for me if I got some paint..I am looking forward to having it all spruced up...:coollep:

I am so ready to ride and so tired of the cold weather...

thanks,

Dean

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

:snowman:Do you get cold weather in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:?:?:?:?:?:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hello Johno,

Yes sir we do, although nothing like our northern neighbors. 3 degrees above zero is as cold as we have had here this winter, but today it was 86 degrees, the cold does not last long when it does come...3 weeks is about as long as it stays below freezing at a time and that is not every year....usually about 3 days ...What type weather do you have there?

Dean

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Hi Dean, the weather here is normally cold and wet most of the year, we've just been through a couple of months freezing temps -2 to -5 in the mornings, very refreshing on the bike! But spring is coming, starting to get warm rain!!:cool:

Can't wait for the two days of sunshine in the summer so I can give the old girl a polish:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Johno,

You are makeing me feel bad, I think you should move here...we have 9 months of good weather and 3 that are not so good...At least your bike will last a long long time.....

Dean

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Does anyone know the paint codes or where to find them for my 1984 Metallic Beige Aspencade? I need to order some touch up and would like to know the codes in advance.

Also, on the rubber strips that trim out the fairing edges, how the he** do you get paint to stick to those? I found some paint at a local auto parts store that is really close and tried to repaint them but it is peeling off already.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
Does anyone know the paint codes or where to find them for my 1984 Metallic Beige Aspencade? I need to order some touch up and would like to know the codes in advance.

Also, on the rubber strips that trim out the fairing edges, how the he** do you get paint to stick to those? I found some paint at a local auto parts store that is really close and tried to repaint them but it is peeling off already.
You can contact Colorrite, they have all the colors, even if they are not listed.

http://www.colorrite.com/

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Colorrite are very good like this. Just send them an e-mail with your bike details and they will have the color code.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:

You need to apply an "adhesion promoter" first. You can get this in a clear type or as an epoxy primer which gets a good grip on th etrim. Then normal primer on top followed by your colour coats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.