Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Where can you get touch up paint

to match bikes color ?:?

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
imported post

Try www.carpaintonline.com Put in the color code for your bike in the search and it should pull it up if they have it. I know they have mine and it is a 90 SE.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

HI , if you take your bike to a larger collision shop or autobody supply store like NAPA, they will have a paint scanner there. They can scan your bike or whatever you want and come up with the paint code, it will even allow for fading if you want if you were only painting a small area or part. It's better than 99% accurate. Just using paint codes can be hit or miss sometimes, Ford had a silver colour out that had one paint code for the colour but when you looked it up it gave 9 alternate mix codes. The day, the plant or the shift making the paint can alter the shade of the colour. The scanner is a painters best friend these days, espeacially if you are matching a red colour.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

PPG and Colorrite are the only paint stores I know that have the appropriate paint codes. Many are 3 stage candy type paint systems. PPG can even mix a batch and put it in a rattle can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.