Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Motorcycle-Superstore has a closeout on Tour Master Pant Liners for $99.00. Comes with the controller and the battery hook up connector.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

If your Gerbings is newer product then they willboth use a COAX connection, so yes, they are compatible.

Be aware that the Tourmasterheated pant liner they are selling, are actually chaps, which fasten together at the back of your thighs and calves with Velcro (noheating elements there) and leave your crotch, butt and back of your legs open and therefore unheated.!! :shock:

I lightened up their photo a bit so you can see more clearly what it is they are actually selling.

The fit of these 'pant liners' can best be described as .... 'Funky'.
If you do buy these, you should either have a dual heat controller, or, at minimum, a short splitter cable to hook up your heat controller to one outlet and the pants heat controller to the other, as you'll find that theupper and lower regions of your body require different heat settings

If you plan on running all that heated gear, I'd go with the dual heat controller, so you can control heat to upper and lower regions of your body separately.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
If your Gerbings is newer product then they willboth use a COAX connection, so yes, they are compatible.

Be aware that the Tourmasterheated pant liner they are selling, are actually chaps, which fasten together at the back of your thighs and calves with Velcro (noheating elements there) and leave your crotch, butt and back of your legs open and therefore unheated.!! :shock:

I lightened up their photo a bit so you can see more clearly what it is they are actually selling.

The fit of these 'pant liners' can best be described as .... 'Funky'.
If you do buy these, you should either have a dual heat controller, or, at minimum, a short splitter cable to hook up your heat controller to one outlet and the pants heat controller to the other, as you'll find that theupper and lower regions of your body require different heat settings

If you plan on running all that heated gear, I'd go with the dual heat controller, so you can control heat to upper and lower regions of your body separately.
Thanks Dusty,

That is the set I was looking at. Most of the time, my legs are fine with some insulated riding pants.

I do have the dual controller. I like to separate the chest / coat from the rest for comfort.

I have used the coat liner the most and at times the gloves however the boot inserts are still brand new. I have at times wished I had bought some pant liners but most of the time, just the vest does the job for me. Cabling to the boots just seemed like too much work vesus the benefit. With this chap setup, the description says that it has the hookups for the socks/boot inserts, so I might have to order these.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Yes, ...... there are connectors at the bottom of each leg.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I just bought the pants. This set comes with it's own controller and on further inspection there is a leg band controller holder that straps around the thigh to hold the controller.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

The heat controller and the elastic leg strap comes standard with those pant liners.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
The heat controller and the elastic leg strap comes standard with those pant liners.
Is there any potential problem with running too much heated clothing? I have a vest for my girl friend and I am considering purchasing a pair of these pants for her as well.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

larryinseattle wrote:
Dusty Boots wrote:
Is there any potential problem with running too much heated clothing? I have a vest for my girl friend and I am considering purchasing a pair of these pants for her as well.
not if you have the compufire alternator for the 1500:weightlifter:

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I have the Compufire alternator. Why wouldn't it be enough?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

larryinseattle wrote:
you need two them....connected together....;):ROFL::smiler::shock:lol!

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

No problem IF you have the Comp-U-Fire. You should be good to go.

My brother has a stock alternator and run the heated clothing for him and his wife with no problem whatsoever. He runs auxillary lights, radio, CB, trailer lights, and GPS all at the same time.

I have the Comp-U-Fire and run heated jackets and a 12 volt cooler while pulling a trailer with all it's lights, auxillary driving lights and GPS, play the radio and CB and have problem running all of it.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

DougW wrote:
No problem IF you have the Comp-U-Fire. You should be good to go.

My brother has a stock alternator and run the heated clothing for him and his wife with no problem whatsoever. He runs auxillary lights, radio, CB, trailer lights, and GPS all at the same time.

I have the Comp-U-Fire and run heated jackets and a 12 volt cooler while pulling a trailer with all it's lights, auxillary driving lights and GPS, play the radio and CB and have problem running all of it.
12 Volt cooler too? whoa.... cool. I have all of what you have except the cooler. My running lights on the trailer are LED.

Thanks for letting me know.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

SmartBiker wrote:
larryinseattle wrote:
I am ordering the 2nd one right away. This was so helpful.

Now I need some detailed instructions on how to connect the two together. You got any plans for that?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

larryinseattle wrote:
SmartBiker wrote:
larryinseattle wrote:

Now I need some detailed instructions on how to connect the two together. You got any plans for that?

you sir, must be a Leo....

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

SmartBiker wrote:
larryinseattle wrote:
SmartBiker wrote:
larryinseattle wrote:

you sir, must be a capricorn....
You are wrong on two counts.

One, I work for a living so don't call me sir.
Two, I am a Leo.

:arguing:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

larryinseattle wrote:
SmartBiker wrote:
larryinseattle wrote:
SmartBiker wrote:
larryinseattle wrote:

you sir, must be a capricorn....
You are wrong on two counts.

One, I work for a living so don't call me sir.
Two, I am a Leo.

:arguing:
uh oh....lol!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.