Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My wind screen is all scratched up and hard to see thru when driving into the sun and at night with oncoming headlights. It's possible it is the original wind screen and it's a 1994 wing.I just ordered a tulsa touring sheild, tall and swept back. real stream line. I got one with a vent, mine has none now. I was interested in some feedback from those that have installed a touring sheild. Does it make any difference in the colder weather? And does it help keep the passenger more protected from the elements. I know I should have asked before I bought one, but Ilike living on the edge. lol

Thx Dragonass

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I have the same make +4" with the vent. Suits me to a "T". The wife saysit's better than the original, but she still has some bucking (women are so fussy).:DWhen it rains it does roll over the top and right down on ya. I've been looking at several other products to help this out, but was not happy with any I've seen yet. But like the shield. Carry a can of Plexus with you and clean it often with straight up and down strokes.

I think you did well. My next one will be the identical again.:action:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thx Bob! Looks cool on your trike.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Dragonass wrote:
My wind screen is all scratched up and hard to see thru when driving into the sun and at night with oncoming headlights. It's possible it is the original wind screen and it's a 1994 wing.I just ordered a tulsa touring sheild, tall and swept back. real stream line. I got one with a vent, mine has none now. I was interested in some feedback from those that have installed a touring sheild. Does it make any difference in the colder weather? And does it help keep the passenger more protected from the elements. I know I should have asked before I bought one, but Ilike living on the edge. lol

Thx Dragonass
The scratched wind screen can be a problem at nite with oncoming headlites.After I installed my new screen the dealer told me when cleaning always wipe or clen the screen with up and down motion on cleaning rag,this avoids the swirls that create the glare.I have been doing this for a few years now and my screen is no problem at nite with glare...try it.....Jere

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

I installed a Tulsa on my wing this spring.and have noticed a big differance in gas milage and getting pushed around from the wind.My wife noticed a differance also with the wind.I really like mine,got the vent and get plenty of air.
Also got the cleaning kit for it.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I have a tall sheild and like it very well. SpiderBob is right on about the rain coming over top. The water is pushed up to the top and then it falls down on the dash area. Not really too extreme though. I also use the Plexus and it helps to shed the rain since you have to look through the sheid instead of over it.

You will also be very glad you went with the vented;)

G

·
imported post

My 93 has the vented shield i love the vent.
Its scratched up bad and need a new one lol
boy if i could win the lotery.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

I've got a 4 over. I have found that water just pours through the vent, when it rains. Duct tape cures this. I have a strip of Micro-swirl edging I keep for when it rains. This keep the water from 'rolling' over the top of the window. I still get water, from under the handle bars, but I am working on that.

I use the F4. From what I can determine, it is the strongest. With the 'stuff' the flies around on the interstate, thrown up from cars, ect, I am fairly confident I have protection from this. Both of us have noticed less buffeting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.