Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

D oes any one know anthing about the voyager or insta trike kits?:stumped:

my wife has back problems and she s not sure about riding on my wing:11grey:.

I like it 2 wheels but she likes it stable on the three wheels:dance:and i would like her to ride with me so:kissing:im checkin into othher options:baffled:so any opinions would be a big help:cooler:Also does any one have one realy realy cheep:doh:eek:ne on sale

i love the wing and love the site you guys know alot of answers to alot of questions:goofygrin:so any help will do thanks guys big jim:11grey:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet big jim!:waving::waving:

There's another alternative to consider, have you thought about landing gear?

http://www.winglandinggear.com/

http://www.safetyfeatures.com/

One of these ought to provide the low speed stability you need while still allowing the bike to operate normally once you get going. If my knees get much worse in the future I think I might give the landing gear a try, they are pretty discreet.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet big jim!:waving::waving:

There's another alternative to consider, have you thought about landing gear?

http://www.winglandinggear.com/

http://www.safetyfeatures.com/

One of these ought to provide the low speed stability you need while still allowing the bike to operate normally once you get going. If my knees get much worse in the future I think I might give the landing gear a try, they are pretty discreet.
I'm sure the landing gears shown are real good, but if it was me, I'd go with the Voyager kit, because 1. It removes in minutes if I want to go 2 wheel, 2. No hydralics to worry about, 3. No electrical ghost to worry about, 4. If I buy another GW, it can be easily moved over, 5. Makes bike look like real trike and not bike with training wheels. JMHO.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I've never tried a trike, but think I'd feel safer on two wheels, especially while cornering.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

That's why I like the idea of the landing gear, the wheels are small and pretty well hidden when retracted and they don't affect the handling of the bike when up. Hopefully I won't need such for a good long time.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
That's why I like the idea of the landing gear, the wheels are small and pretty well hidden when retracted and they don't affect the handling of the bike when up. Hopefully I won't need such for a good long time.
Yeah, maybe so.

Although I'd probably go to a Honda 50 if I couldn't keep the Wing up anymore.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

One thing to consider. The Voyager will not allow you to open the saddlebags all the way The Insta Trike/Tow Pac will.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
exavid wrote:
Yeah, maybe so.

I'm gonna ride my Wing until my nurse can't lift me on it!:weightlifter:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
I find it easier to keep my balance on my neighbours :18red:at slow speed, than i do on my Honda 50. :stumped:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I'm gonna ride my Wing until my nurse can't lift me on it!
Hey what the hell is the nurse for on the :15red: :stumped: :stumped: The :18red:hasn't got a Nurse. :shakehead:

:doh::18red::doh:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
I've never tried a trike, but think I'd feel safer on two wheels, especially while cornering.
having driving sidecars for years, the key is taking the time to learn that it is different... don't just think you can hop on and it will be the same thing

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
axelwik wrote:
having driving sidecars for years, the key is taking the time to learn that it is different... don't just think you can hop on and it will be the same thing
I haven't tried a sidecar yet, but I know they take some getting used to. I guess during braking and acceleration the side car tries to to its own thing.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
exavid wrote:
I'm gonna ride my Wing until my nurse can't lift me on it!
Hey what the hell is the nurse for on the :15red: :stumped: :stumped: The :18red:hasn't got a Nurse. :shakehead:
When I'm an old codger with a walker and an oxygen bottle plumbed to my snout I'll need help getting a leg over the bike and rigging up my IV bottle to the antenna. A nurse from the home is good for that.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

and then ... Exavid... you will NEED a backrest, and floorboards.... and relaxing CD music...possibly heated grips too./forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif... and all that other "Old Man " Stuff.. Silver /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Likely you're right!:X

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

bigjim1701,

The Voyager kit runs around $4000. It's best of both worlds. They advertise that in 5 min's you can hook up or on hook to have your two wheeler back. I picked up a used one for a song on ebay. It's going to be put on one of my 1200A's for my wife. She's not real keen on riding two up but thinks she would enjoy driving a trike. If it doesn't work out I might decide to keep it for myself to use in my golden years. Wait, I'm alreadythere. I've seen several Voyager setup's and they're really sharp. I found mine in the motorcycle trailer section of Ebay.

I don't know anything about the landing gear setup but it doesn't look tocool to me. I don't think I'd want to see a little pair of wheels come down at the stoplight. :baffled:

Dick

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

33 zip

Yea im not sure of them either besides they look like TRAINING WHEELS on the goldwing to me:grinner:the y might look good on a scooter thought:cooler::1000red:

LOL:D:byebye:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nicely written Rootman.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
rcmatt007 wrote:
axelwik wrote:
I haven't tried a sidecar yet, but I know they take some getting used to. I guess during braking and acceleration the side car tries to to its own thing.
yes.... first of all you steer not lean, then there is the weight on the right side, when you accelerate, it lags moving you right, on braking it pushes making you go left...and then there is that centrifigal force thing on tight right turns. A trike would be different as there is no attachment on one side, but still it would be VERY different than a solo bike and in traffic or in twisties would not be the place to learn.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.