Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

the "tpms" light has been on steady for my last couple of ride & intermittent for just a few minutes at a time over the last month. according to the manual the tpms light indicates there is an issue with the system (its not the picture of a tire with an ! in the middle that lets you know a tire is low). this is a 2010 gl1800 purchased new 10/10 but manufactured 02/09 with 12k miles on it now, so would this be a battery crapping out in the valve stem assembally or something worse? either way that should be a warranty issue, right?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Yes it is a warranty repair.good Luck finding a trained tech that can diagnois the problem. My problem started when the rear tire sensor was broken when changing the rear tire and the sensor was replaced. short story :5 trips to dealer, more parts ordered, over3 weeks with out MY ride. now system was disabled by dealer who told me that it was fixed..

The sensors are suppose to be a generator for the battery in the sensor that works when the tire is spining

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

andy1800 wrote:
Do you have any tire slime or other stuff in there?
no slime or other additives just whatever it has from the factory still on the original tires.

i gess i'll haveto talk with the dealer next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.