Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

If they screw over the stock valve stem and you remove the center of the stem I don't think I like the idea I kinda like the kind that fit inside the tire
Wilf

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

I didnt see the system you mention when I was shopping for one .

I recently installed this system : Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems by Doran . I like this one because the sensor can be mounted internally rather than externally where centrifical forces will cause it to act against the curved valve stems on the 1500 . This kit comes with bolt in metal curved valve stems which are nearly identical to the size/shape of the factory units . So far I am happy with how the Doran system operates . I only wish it would also sense temps .

Soon I hope to have some pics and short story about the Doran unit .

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

The internal systems are better, but you can use tyre slime with them.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Looks like a lot of mass on top of an angled valve stem.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Recently had to limp a member from on here along, where just a set of slightly heavier LED dust caps, started to tear out the valve stem on his 1500's front wheel. I forget how many cans of tyre weld we had to put in to keep his tyre from going flat, but it was at least three and still it wanted to deflate. Only godsend was he was riding a trike, otherwise the fast deflation could have been disastrous.
Personally I would't modify the angled valve stems on a Wing in any way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.