2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

wow maybe i don't want one.:( 91 didn't seem to have as much to go wrong with it though. anybody on here have to sync their carbs every 5000 miles?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi i have a 91 and its bullett prof as with any machine you have to keep up with the servise i do my own work and i check the sync every 20000miles only once i had to make a small ajustment like any thing if you get your hands on a well looked after bike it will out last your rideing days

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

amen - the 88-89 are worse on sync, but not really a 5K thing...

... and rememebr - you're only adjusting ONE carb (2-carb machine) - a lot less work than syncing 3 to 1 ... :)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

thanks guy that make me feel much better about this one becasue it has been well cared for and garage keep. it just has way too much chrome on it.:D

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

A GL1500 with to much chrome? Hard to imagine...

Is it draging on the ground or something?

Want to trade for some black or brushed alum parts?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

I like it but then again I think the 1500 was made for chrome.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

That's a really nice looking 1500....

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

bama where'd you get that seat?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, way to nice to trike it!!! As I know you intend to do. Bling for sale!!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

you got it. it's next after the 1200. a lot of the back will go. i guess? i may like and sell the harley. did i say that.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

skoto1 wrote:
bama where'd you get that seat?
It came with the wing when I bought it. It is a Corbin brand.

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

90 K is just broke in. 90-96 were almost all the same, part wise, very few changes during those years, and basically trouble free machines. They did make a few minor changes for the 97 model and above, but a couple of quality control items surfaced during the newer models also, such as the cheaper built alternators on the 97+ models, and some fit and finish problems. But a couple of improvements were made also such as a lower seat, and an improved shift fork. The nice thing about all of the 1500s is that there is probably more interchangeability of parts across all model years than any version of the Goldwing. Plus, there is more aftermarket parts for a 1500 than for almost any other bike. Overall, the best Honda ever built, and although I now own an 1800, I know the 1500 is a bike that if taken care of can easlily last 300-400k.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

wow that's awesome this one has had the alt just replaced.
bama how does the seat feel some have said they are pretty hard?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

One thing to watch for is the LCD screen that shows radio and suspension settings, (situated between Speedo and revcounter). If there's a half moon shape (black) appearing at either side it will get worse until you can't read the info. They are very expensive- even 2nd hand. Mine was like this, and the previous owner knocked some off the price because of it. I thought I'd get one off ebay for a few quid- Wrong! They're over £700 new in the UK (a bit less in the States) and 2nd hand prices reflect this. I eventually paid about 300 dollars (with delivery) for one off an '89 model. Early models seem generally less affected by this. It's a pig to change too. I love the bike though...Steve

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

looking at an 88 also 35000 miles. windshield is not on it and he says he doesn't have the hardware to install. ie screws and maybe some type of wedges to adjust it with?

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

TO: skoto1

I have a 88 Blue/Green 1500 for sell here in Knoxville. TN
865-966-7929

Skip20

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

pm sent to skip20

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.