Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

That is a great deal Mark. I only wish I had the mula. I'd buy it. I'm still looking for a cheap used frame to build my own. I should have taken the offer that was presented to me last year, but silly me , I thought I could do better. And the thing that hurts the most is he is a member and only lives about 3hrs away. STUPID!,STUPID!,STUPID!:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead::gunhead::gunhead: :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I built my own for less than $350 and would do it again in a heartbeat.

For the CL trailer, I think I would have a hard time finding a .2" trailer ball...

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Wow, that thing is HUGE!! My old wing might have trouble pullin' that, especially loaded down!:gunhead:Or maybe the guy laying inside of it is really short.:D

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

My son and I are thinking of making a trailer but have no idea where to start I do know how to weld, so would you happen to have any photos of your trailer you built or plans. Ken in BC Canada

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Spider007 wrote:
My son and I are thinking of making a trailer but have no idea where to start I do know how to weld, so would you happen to have any photos of your trailer you built or plans. Ken in BC Canada
Ken, sorry I missed your introduction to the forum so welcome. As for the trailer. I too and starting the process of a home built using a Harbor Frieght trailer frame kit, http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90153 Using an 18cf rooftop Explorer box. But I have to wait on the frame as HF won't ship above the 49th and their nearest retailer is in Everett, Wa, which is 1.5hrs south of me. I've looked into building from scratch but even using used materials for the frame, I'd still have to pay someone to weld and I'd have to find suitable axle & suspencion. :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

I have one of those and they pull great don`t know there there. I just bought a Aspen Classic Camper and don`t need it any more. That is a good price someone would have to pull my arm to get mine for that. ---------------------

Life has many choices

Eternityhas two

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

DaBull, Where did you get thos nifty little tool boxes & fenders?:?:?:action::action:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Fysty, this may be a dumb question but what is a hybrid?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
DaBull, Where did you get thos nifty little tool boxes & fenders?:?:?:action::action:
I don't think he meant his trailer was exactly like the one on the site. Mine is not fancy at all, but I used the same frame and cargo box. Except I went for the 12" wheels.

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

JERRYJ wrote:
If your thinking of a trailer then you might check these out. Of course they aren't cheap but how cool they are.
http://www.americancustomtrailers.com/#

Make sure you watch the video
+1 This guy makes a quality trailer. It is probably out of reach $$$ wise for most people today though!

Here is one that was at the Florida District Rally - looks like a 39 or 40 Ford coupe

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

Now this is a nice trailer.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Harbor freight trailer frames work great, but you definitely want the 12 inch wheels, i will post some pics of 3 trailers my father in law buitl.
1 is a Jack D. whiskey barrel, i is an old dorm fridge gutted and turned into a replica of a school bus that seconds for a big cooler! and the third is a youth casket with chrome rails on the trailer green outdoor carpet on trailer frame ang flowers whole 9 yards.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
fysty-1 wrote:
I don't think he meant his trailer was exactly like the one on the site. Mine is not fancy at all, but I used the same frame and cargo box. Except I went for the 12" wheels.
Yeah, I just built my own, a little different than that, just used a lot of his ideas. I just looked for pix of it (I guess I deleted them), but I just sold it about a year ago (before I got my Goldwing), and now I am thinking of building another one, using the Sears one this time. The Harbor Freight trailer I bought did some with fenders, lights etc. I used LEDs though. I used a Pep Boys box last time and although it worked just fine, was never too keen on the two tone color.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

How about a 57 Nomad? Saw a bunch fo different trailers last July at the WingDing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.