Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking $500.00 for this trailer located in Michigan. Swivel hitch for 1 7/8" ball, lockable tool box on back, wired for 110V with extension cord for lots of outlets while camping.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Man if I could find someone coming to Florida!!!, I'de take it!!!!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meet me half way or pay half the gas and I'll bring it down over Thanksgiving. Daughter is in Daytona Beach.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
So how much would you estimate half your gas be??. I might just do this!!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Thats a nice trailer, well worth the $$.

If you can get enough people to build a chain delivery system, I will take NC (Rt 81 in Va) to midway through SC (Rt 26) (No Charge!)

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
If you can get enough people to build a chain delivery system, I will take NC (Rt 81 in Va) to midway through SC (Rt 26) (No Charge!)
If you want help with a relay I'm in. I can go into KY a bit and down into AL. Nice looking trailer!!

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Wow I'm humbled by the support of all the members wanting to help!!. My THANKS!!!!!. I may just have to buy this trailer!!. I think it would go nicely with my BLACK BEAUTY!!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I really like the trailer, it looks nice, easy to tow and a ton of storage! And to top it all off, a good price besides.

Plus if the owner is going to tow it to Daytona Beach, thats a great deal! But Im still game in a relay if you need us.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Unreal man! I had to holler at the wife and ask her to read the thread. Some da*n great people on two wheels.Right now i can't help y'all,but there will be a day i will.Good luck gettin ur cool trailer bud!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unreal folks, I'm impressed. Now to get the route from Saginaw, Mich. to Merritt Island, Florida connected.
I was planning on making a trip to Florida during the holidays but the other half has different plans, she wants to go to Medicine Hat, Alberta in the dead of the winter. (Grand daughter lives there) Now she will probably want to go to Florida in the middle of the summer, go figure.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I think a relay program would serve everyone well here. I thought about this whe CJ was getting his tent camper and had to have it shipped from Tennessee to Oregon.

For me, my leg of the trip would be roughly 175 miles, so round trip would be 350 miles, a nice days ride. Some planning and thought would have to be put into, like the road worthiness of the trailer? Registration, tag and paper work. Buyer could send tag back once delivered. Electrical connection to the bike? 4 pin or 5, my bike is set up for 5 pin, is there a wY to make this interchangeable? Scheduling your next hook up point and person. We may only be able to move this on the weekends, would need contact info as to not keep anyone waiting around.

I think it opens up a new window of opportunity for people to buy and sell on this forum, that with items like a trailer, just wouldn't be able to do it.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Hey John, have you looked at the route with both you and me included? It looks like it would be one of us but not both to get the best routes. Note: I think the route through your area would be shorter than mine leaving me out of the process I guess.

I haven't seen anyone else jump in to help fill the gaps and to be honest we are probably putting the cart before the horse as the sale has not been finalized yet. Lot's of variables to work out and I would suspect that the buyer should actually work out the details and ask for volunteers. Lots of coordination would be required to pull it off successfully and I would bet that we would be talking about "weeks" to get it all the way to Florida.

If needed, I could probably go up to Louisville and back to Murfreesboro on one day and then on another weekend I could probably get down to south of Atlanta somewhere. That would be two (2) 400 mile days for me spread over a couple of weekends depending upon weather and personal schedules.

Just pointing out the obvious I guess...

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I agree, the deal has to be done and the buyer/Seller have to work out the details, I just wanted to throw out the thoughts I had on how it could be handled. I haven't looked at a map, but it would seem that the most direct rout would be nearer to you than I, I would just be an available option if the relay brought it over this way.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I live in the Toledo Ohio area right off of I-75. Depending on the day I could help out. I work second shift mostly and usually have weekends off. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
So Allan, you going to buy this trailer or not dude? Looks like we've got people lining up to help get it to you if you want it!

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Well it's looking like I'm just gonna do that!!! I'll contact the owner and make the arraignments!!!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Flyboyziel56 has contacted me, we are working out the details to complete the sale. As I told him, my only concern this late in the season is transporting the trailer by m/c from north of the mason-dixon much before next April. BTW the wiring is a flat 4 pin.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I have an extra set of trailer lights that I could wire up for 5 pin if there is anyone else that may need it. I could make up a small light bar and ship it with the trailer if needed, then it could just stay with the tool loaner guy for anyone needing them in the future....... How perfect!

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Well,whatever y'all work out,i guess i could relay thru IlliNOY startin at Peotone or south if it is on a weekend.My old Aspy is startin to seep thru the headgaskets but she'd make it.Got a hitch,ain't pulled a trailer but i'm building one right now. Purdy sure my pigtail is 4 flat.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
Thank you Steve Saunders, this forum is an amazing place.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.