Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Thats a nice trailer, well worth the $$.

If you can get enough people to build a chain delivery system, I will take NC (Rt 81 in Va) to midway through SC (Rt 26) (No Charge!)

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I really like the trailer, it looks nice, easy to tow and a ton of storage! And to top it all off, a good price besides.

Plus if the owner is going to tow it to Daytona Beach, thats a great deal! But Im still game in a relay if you need us.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I think a relay program would serve everyone well here. I thought about this whe CJ was getting his tent camper and had to have it shipped from Tennessee to Oregon.

For me, my leg of the trip would be roughly 175 miles, so round trip would be 350 miles, a nice days ride. Some planning and thought would have to be put into, like the road worthiness of the trailer? Registration, tag and paper work. Buyer could send tag back once delivered. Electrical connection to the bike? 4 pin or 5, my bike is set up for 5 pin, is there a wY to make this interchangeable? Scheduling your next hook up point and person. We may only be able to move this on the weekends, would need contact info as to not keep anyone waiting around.

I think it opens up a new window of opportunity for people to buy and sell on this forum, that with items like a trailer, just wouldn't be able to do it.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I agree, the deal has to be done and the buyer/Seller have to work out the details, I just wanted to throw out the thoughts I had on how it could be handled. I haven't looked at a map, but it would seem that the most direct rout would be nearer to you than I, I would just be an available option if the relay brought it over this way.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I have an extra set of trailer lights that I could wire up for 5 pin if there is anyone else that may need it. I could make up a small light bar and ship it with the trailer if needed, then it could just stay with the tool loaner guy for anyone needing them in the future....... How perfect!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I thought this wasn't going to happen, did I miss something?
No. You didn't miss anything John. Someone thought the relay thing was a good idea and didn't want it to die. I think it's a great idea and know a few here who already relay stuff around the country(s) ah! A lot of ground rules would have be set up though in order for it to work

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
My bad...... I guess we did miss something Halfling. I thought the last time I read through here the deal was a no deal.

If its back on, count me in!!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I agree with the Phone # thing. I say we set this up with the people and then all those people PM their numbers to each other.

I can haul the trailer from the W. Va., Va line on 77 to somewhere in S Carolina. I should be able to pull that off in one day if I have to....... Maybe 2 depending on pickup time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.