Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
By the way. My hook up is a round five pin type.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Trailer has been sold to Flyboyziel56 pending funds.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I think this is a great thing, and have come up with a idea that if one of our mods could create a permanant thread on this topic to where we could all enter our info as to where we are and what areas we could cover and milage you would be willing to travel ect. this could benefit all members and save us all some money, I for one would be willing to do what I could for any member and am sure that there are many others here who would do the same. just a thought lets see where it gose if it is of interest to anyone

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Unreal folks, I'm impressed. Now to get the route from Saginaw, Mich. to Merritt Island, Florida connected.
I was planning on making a trip to Florida during the holidays but the other half has different plans, she wants to go to Medicine Hat, Alberta in the dead of the winter. (Grand daughter lives there) Now she will probably want to go to Florida in the middle of the summer, go figure.
No. Do Not Figure. You never will! We will never figure them out. Just when you think you have, you're wrong again! Just love her and say, yes dear!
Then you will get your riding time.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
BTW
I'm in for a relay! I've mentioned this before too as a viable option to help others in their purchase. Heck I'd even ride a bike for them.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So far we have it going from Michigan to Illinois to California, ultimate destination is Florida. With the winter weather setting in the riding season has pretty much ground to a halt here in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Yea guys but im talking about anything the U.S. mail couldnt deliver, just a freind helping a frend, wouldnt it be great if you could look at a thred and find people willing to help you out in receving a trailor,bike ,or some badly needed parts ? you would know who was willing to participate and what area they were in and how farr they could go who could take over the relay ect.. also, this would have to be a wether permiting service and also figured around work scedules and time frames like I said it just a sugestion that I think could serve all members just something to think about and get some input on and give all of us an excusse to take a ride and meet some forum members and make a frend or two along the way

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Yea guys but I'm talking about anything the U.S. mail couldn't deliver, just a friend helping a friend, wouldn't it be great if you could look at a thread and find people willing to help you out in receiving a trailer,bike ,or some badly needed parts ? you would know who was willing to participate and what area they were in and how far they could go who could take over the relay etc.. also, this would have to be a weather permitting service and also figured around work schedules and time frames like I said it just a suggestion that I think could serve all members just something to think about and get some input on and give all of us an excuses to take a ride and meet some forum members and make a friend or two along the way
(spelling corrected, friend!)

Exactly my thoughts!:claps:

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
I just saw this. If anyone needs a pit stop onroute to Fla. I'm in Smiths Station Alabama. (480/280 south runs into I-10, and also goes to Panama City Fla.) Don't know if this is any help for the trailer trip, but I'm here! Got tools, extra bedroom, and I can cook!!! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
So far we have it going from Michigan to Illinois to California, ultimate destination is Florida. With the winter weather setting in the riding season has pretty much ground to a halt here in Michigan.
This is going to Florida from Michigan via California???????? O.K. then. I guess I'll have to find out how to go from Ohio to Iowa via New York. WOWZERS!!!!!!! No one south of the Toledo area can come north to relay. I live just off of I-75 and it goes all the way to Florida from Michigan. Depending on the day and weather I can travel a few hundred miles. I don't mind cold too much but despise ice and snow. I mean if its already set up thennnnnnn.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
I have left Chesterfield TWS Mich., in the early AM (0400), and got home about 2300 here in Smiths Station. It is about 4 more hours to Panama City Fla. jimsjinx.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I thought this wasn't going to happen, did I miss something?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I thought this wasn't going to happen, did I miss something?
No. You didn't miss anything John. Someone thought the relay thing was a good idea and didn't want it to die. I think it's a great idea and know a few here who already relay stuff around the country(s) ah! A lot of ground rules would have be set up though in order for it to work

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I can get the trailer to Toledo, Ohio but I'm going to let flyboy do the logistics from there. I can get it to VTXcandyred no problem as I live about 15 minutes from I-75 myself.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
well just an FYI , I can drive up to Georgia, or Alabama to meet and greet to swap off if needed. Doesn't have to come all the way to Florida!!!!. I'm not going to let all you great guys take the full BRUNT of this without contributing something myself!!!!........ Allan

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I been watching this.
Wish I could help but being over in MO. I am not in the path really.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I can get the trailer to Toledo, Ohio but I'm going to let flyboy do the logistics from there. I can get it to VTXcandyred no problem as I live about 15 minutes from I-75 myself.
I could get it to the Dayton/ Cincinnati area easy enough.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
My bad...... I guess we did miss something Halfling. I thought the last time I read through here the deal was a no deal.

If its back on, count me in!!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.