Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Some of you good folks may have noticed that we have a new-to-us trailer. It is pretty plain looking and we would like some ideas about making it less bland, without going 'over the top'. We have been to two auto shops that specialize in graphics and such but came away with little for inspiration. They can do what we want, but we're now looking for ideas. Care to share? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

If you are not planning to paint the wing to match, then I would leaveit as is, because it already matches.

You really need to have a flowing theme IMHO

Idea; I think true flames would look really great!!!

Personally I think it looks like a great combination rig as is!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

It's black, doesn't that mean there's some unwritten law that it HAS to be a flame job.

Just kidding, obviously, but a good old fashion hod rod flame job would look pretty good on that tear drop.

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

I'd get some nice gold vinyl pin striping material, maybe 3/4" wide and do a nice offset from the edges sides, and top.

You can get flor-d-leighs too. See you local fire station for striping ideas.

·
everyday member
514 Posts
imported post

It really looks good the way it is. I can't tell from the picture but is there any pinstripping on the wing? Some pinstripping just following the contours of the trailer would look good and be simple.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The Wing is plain. The Honda lighted colour-matched spoiler is on order, we will be getting a backrest and passenger arm rests, and billet aluminum passenger floorboard risers. There will be the 'carbon fibre' scuff guards on front and back of saddlebags. Maybe a trunk rack but not right away.

Yes, I too like the trailer in its 'plain' state but Carol thinks this is a blank canvas, unfortunately, neither of us are artists :sadguy:I like the idea of remaining low key with this project but we're open to any sensible ideas, and pinstipping on the bike is a possibility.

justayooper wrote:
It really looks good the way it is. I can't tell from the picture but is there any pinstripping on the wing? Some pinstripping just following the contours of the trailer would look good and be simple.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

I would suggest the type of graphics that are on the new big motor homes

silver, gray and charcoal

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Just make sure to take your time with choices.

Once clear coated it is there forever.

I would suggest looking at Tatoo art also for some very good ideas.

Try to find something rarely used to be as original as possible.

Yeah, I know my bike is red, white, and blue but how many designs have you seen with the eagle carrying the flag with it's beak? None that I have seen.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

agree with those who said whatever you put on should be somewhat understated, IF you decide to put anything on at all.

We had our bike and trailer pinstriped at the same time to make sure the colors and designs were consistent. We went with an Irish theme with the first two lines of the Irish Blessing across the trunk, and Celtic knots as accents. Very understated. Turned out really nice and it isn't your routine feathers, Indians, flames, wolves, etc. Our pinstripping lady LOVED doing it, because it was "different".

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

if you do something to the trailer your going to have to match it on the bike obviously i dunno what you guys like lol you be the judge go down to a vinly shop and see some samples maybe you'll find what you like

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

Greg,

Seeing you’re in Canada, my thought was something with a Maple leaf. Then a Maple leaf with some sort of nature scene in it. Then hunting on the net I found this site. Yes the artist is actually painting on a leaf, but it may give you some idea of what I was envisioning on the side of your trailer.

http://www.chickadeeink.ca/

Dane :15magenta:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Chrome pinstripping to do the accents and contours... :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Def Pin Striping, but I would choose a reflective tape due to the black on the trailer and the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

I'm thinking some ghost flames on both the bike & trailer in a charcoal gray

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
imported post

IMO, leave it alone, or very lightly understated with some accent lines for the contours only.

Graphics will destroy the look of it IMO.

To me, it is beautiful just the way it is.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Digger, you're slipping man......I'm surprised you didn't suggest something to do with LED's:ROFL:

To me plain black always looked good, but if it was me I would go with a small Red pinstripe along the lines of the trailer. That sure is a pretty set up!!

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

RobTheHillbilly wrote:
DigbyODell wrote:
Digger, you're slipping man......I'm surprised you didn't suggest something to do with LED's:ROFL:

To me plain black always looked good, but if it was me I would go with a small Red pinstripe along the lines of the trailer. That sure is a pretty set up!!
No... If the bike was chromed and lit up like mine I would suggest it.... but the basics look good too... Just a bit of chrome pinstripping would set it off nice:action:

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Def Pin Striping, but I would choose a reflective tape due to the black on the trailer and the bike.
I too would opt for something a bit more reflective in th striping. A thin stripe of the highly reflective dark gray along the top-contour would help the full-black traier be seen from the side - the frame reflectors are pretty low and are in an "unexpected" place so a side street or lane merging motorist may not be able to see (or think to look) 12" or so from the ground to see if you're towing ...

I ended up adding running lamp about30" above the ground near the leading edge of my little trailer -- Did seem to drop the side-on assaults quite measurably (not many people were "seeing" the trailer behind the invisible bike... (I'm replacing these little lights with a larger/brighter one to see if we can cure the issue once and for all.)

Very sweet trailer! :claps: I want!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

I think it looks good like it is...

but if you feel the need to do something ... pinstriping and a tramp stamp around the bird emblem on the back would be my suggestion

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.