Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have just bought a trailer for my 1996 GL1500 and it came with the traler hitch but no hardware.

Does anyone know what hardware I need to fit the hitch. I beleive I need 6 u-bolts but that is all I know

Thanks to you all for creating and contributing to the best web site on the net!!

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
More than one hitch for the 1500. Need to know what you have. Pics would help.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
Mine mounts with two brackets off the back of the rear crash bars, two u-bolts under the saddlebags, and two u-bolts on the lower portion of the rear support uprights. Not all are the same of course. Most hitches have plates/slots for mounting so that can guide you in where to attach.
Just be mindful - I have an older hitch and have to be careful how I tighten it. I need to modify the holes on the hitch brackets (or buy a newer one?) because if I tighten it up real tight it twists the bag mounts a bit and the saddlebags will not mount properly or with undue plastic stress. You might need to play around with bolt snugness and location a bit if you encounter this issue.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.