Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looks like I maybe up grading to a 2005 1800 but it does not have a trailer hitch, Been looking at several models but not sure which is best. I don't want a cheep model but if I can save some money on a good one I would.

Randy

·
Major Enthusiast
238 Posts
imported post

Bushtec, Rivco, Dauntless.
These are the only 3 I know of that are supported off the frame. All the others are supported by the saddlebag triangle, and that, IMO, is less secure. The saddlebag mounts have to carry the saddlebag weight, plus the hitch weight. You are MUCH better off to tie the vertical loads right to the frame of the bike.

The Bushtec is steel, and very well thought of. The Rivco is aluminum, and weighs about 8 pounds less. Folks, lets be serious here.. 8 pounds, carried low, on a 1400 pound bike (Bike, rider, passneger, gas, gear) just isn't going to be noticable. Make your choice on which one you like better. Both are excellent.
I don't know much about the dauntless, but it is well thought of also.
I definitely would not go with a Kuryakyn, or any hitch that ties into the saddlebag supports.

(JMHO, YMMV)

=Dave=

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Got mine from Cyclemax, it pretty much attaches the same as ones that costs twice as much, hasn't given me any problems.:claps:Yeah, it's only $159, but it's as strong as any of the others, and is stronger than some.

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/76/703

Gene:action:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.