Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Would anyone mind looking at my web site, page 3 of the photo section, and telling me if the trailer hich shown, will fit a 1998 1500. I am thinking of bidding for it on ebay, with just 18hrs to go.

Thanks guys.

http://uk.msnusers.com/PetesWing

Sorry about the other boring stuff on there, I am still practicing computer stuff!!:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Looks right to me, but then again they all look similar anyway. :waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks 03Silver, I will probably risk it anyway, it is at £1 at the mo, so can't really go wrong at that. If the price flies last minute, I'll pass anyway.

Cheers for your input mate:clapper::clapper:

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
It doesn't look right to me. Here is a GL1500 one;
Thanks Eddie, this posh one I know, but I go the one on ebay anyway, won it at 6.30 this morning. Only paid about $25 so if it can't be made to fit it isn't the end of world.

The big disadvantage is that the one I am getting is one piece and will have to come off to change tyre etc, but we'llsee.

Thanks for your trouble anyway m8

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Pete, if you have a torch (gas welder not flashlight) available it will fit any bike you want.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

exavid wrote:
Pete, if you have a torch (gas welder not flashlight) available it will fit any bike you want.
Thanks Exavid, for your Guru advice, not for you, the hard technical evidence, no Honda part number, no knowledgable, "yes or no" just the East End of London, back street mechanic type of answer, "Wiv a welder, yer can make anyfink fit mate!!":goofygrin::goofygrin:

Well, I have armed myself with the main tools required, vice, long strong bending tube, 5lb hammer, drill, disc cutter and i will pinch a mig welder off my son, so if it doesn't fit when it gets here..... it soon bloody will!!!!:whip:

I guess as long as I end up with the ball at the back of the bike and it points upwards, all will be well:baffled:Now if I just get a tin of black Hammerite paint to cover the rust the whole thing will look the business.:cooler:

Keep your eyes peeled on the tech forum, for me asking advice again, once it gets here.:whinger:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Pete, the best thing a guy can have is a good scrap metal pile. You just have to visualize what you want to do and look at the junk to see what might do with a little urging.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

exavid wrote:
Pete, the best thing a guy can have is a good scrap metal pile. You just have to visualize what you want to do and look at the junk to see what might do with a little urging.
Oh, Exavid, if Helen the Viking gets to see that from you, I will be banned from talking to you!!:whip:

She rolls her eyes in a skyward direction, every time she sees my piles of wood and clutter in the garage, and utters those imortal words, "do you REALLY need all that junk?!!!

If I start on scrap metal collecting, I suspect I would be run through with one of her helmet horns!!! Or worse still pillaged.:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I try to keep the junk pile neatly stored, and unobtrusive, but you have to have the collection of screws, nuts, washer, cotter, pieces of steel tubing, rod, bar, aluminum stock, not to mention the electrical stuff, then the wood stuff...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

exavid wrote:
I try to keep the junk pile neatly stored, and unobtrusive, but you have to have the collection of screws, nuts, washer, cotter, pieces of steel tubing, rod, bar, aluminum stock, not to mention the electrical stuff, then the wood stuff...
How the heck do I keep sheets of plywood, stockpiles of 4"x2", (2"x4" for friends across the pond) plasterboard, bench saws, drills, road breakers, 9" disk cutters, etc etc. UNOBTRUSIVE?? I suppose I could stelthily paint all these bits of metel with that clever woodgrain effect paint, Maybe the long suffering Viking Marauder wouldn't smell a rat:baffled::goofygrin:

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.