Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just purchased an Escapade Elite and would like suggestions on what is the best trailer hitch to buy for my GL1800.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Marvin,

This is the hitch I bought for my 1800. I was travelling with 3 riders from Waco Texas and they were all towing trailers. They recommended the hitch to me, I checked it out and bought it.

The hitch is a Dauntless made in Washington State near Seattle. The trailer is pulled from the frame of the bike, not from the saddlebag mounts. It does not interfere with removal of the rear tire, and when you remove the ball it is completely invisible. Make sure you get the relay plug in wiring harness so there is no problem with your lights wiring. Cost is about $310 + Shipping/Handling. http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/hitch-pages/hondahitches.htm

Make sure the trailer has a swivel hitch coupler. You can turn the trailer or bike on their side without affecting the other. Cost is about $180 plus shipping and handling.

There are a number of other hitches, check them out and select based on your preferences.

Henry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.