Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently purchased a GL1200A Aspencade and it has a trailer hitch on it, however, the hitch has a welded stud that I think a ball slides over and a pin holds the ballin place. The pin is smaller than the pin on my truck and the ball is not interchangable. Does anyone know where I can get a ball to go on this hitch or any suggestions how I can hook a trailer onto this hitch?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Sounds like an early Bush Tek (Spelling) Hitch.

Take a look under your fender and see if the hitch part is bolted to the rest of hitch frame with 3 bolts in a triangle pattern.

We would need a picture to tell for sure.

It could also be a hand made hitch as there are tons of them out there.

Good Luck

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Okay its a Bush Tech where can I find a ball for my trailer. The hitch appears to be made out of billet aluminum(has 2 small molded holes that appear to be made for safety chains but look too small for any real chains) it has 4 bolts mounting it to the rear bumper and has 2 bars going up to the frame. The pin looks really close to the rear bumper. (I am techinlogically challenged so if I can figure out how to attach a picture I will) thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

might try looking bush tech up. i don't believe it has a ball

mark:waving:just a pin

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I guess i'm a little confused(surprise surprise huh), I'm assuming that you mean the pin is what the trailer hooks onto so if that be the case I'm going to have to make/find a different hitch to go on my trailer and it will have to have some type of pivot so the trailer doesn't go up on one wheel when cornering(that could really be a wild ride!). Do you know of anyone that handles bush tech hitches, I was shocked to see that they don't have a website or any hits when I google it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for the site, do you know if there is a way to convert the tongue of my existing trailer over to the Bushtec or am I going to be better off changing the hitch?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Is the Bushtec hinge welded in? Need to see your trailer tongue, and hitch, but most likely it would be a pretty substantial mod to convert to a Bushtec heim joint on your trailer. The Bushtec tongues are round and the hitch has a built in swivel joint in the tongue. Check out their website. If you can remove the Bushtec pin from your hitch and replace it with a ball that will probably be the easiest route - but often times they are welded in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.