Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I installed a "addon accessory" trailer hitch today from Wingstuff. Very easy install on my 2010. I did not have to drop or loosen mufflers. I did not have to discard the amp box brace.This saved some time and likely a few choice words. The only complaint I have are the crappy pictures.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Yes, they definately could use a little help with their instruction sheets. I like most of the stuff I get from Add-On, but their instructions generally suck. Thank goodness most of their stuff is easy enough to install for me without instructions.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

Poor instructions is just the normal for anything but the simplest aftermarket accessory.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Poor instructions is just the normal for anything but the simplest aftermarket accessory.
Guess I better dumb my docs down so I fit into the industry better. Bad part is I don't have a copier to make 90 re-generations so I'm forced to print color originals every time. :D It does surprise me what some of these guys get away with.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I bought a Add On hitch for my 1800 looked at it read instuctions saw the mini pictures. I boxed it up and sent it back. I am not going to tweak the saddle bag over a little to get it to fit. I ordered a Kuryakyn it may have cost more but the quality and the fit is worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Tweak the saddle bag? Are you talking abou the 3/16ths for the brace to go behind the saddle bag support?
The only part I did not get is why they said the amp box brace is discarded. I put it back on with no problems. Well I need to go get some jack oil for my lift and a trailer hitch wiring plug for the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Yes Honda disigned the bag to mount flat on the frame. Not with a 3/6 spacer behind it. I guess it will work ok, but I would be looking everytime I rode the bike to see if it was cracked or not. Like I said it was not for me.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I understand your concern but I think it is unwarranted. You gotta do what you gotta do though. I have my install complete now including the electrical. I do have one question though. The flasher does it flash fast when the trailer is attached or does the flasher compensate.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I use a powered tail light coverter takes care of the problems. The turn signal is poered thru the battery just the signal is picked up thru the switch. I bought isolator harness and adapter/converter from Cycle max. Only wiring is from the two extra parts. The wiring hooking into bike is dirrect plug in. I work at an RV dealership. I wire this stuff all the time. There are other ways to hook one up. but I think the cyclemax set up is very good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.