Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4'x8' tilt trailer, 12" tires, 1195lbs capacity, folding trailer, $240
Also has the hardware for adding drop in stakes sides, sides not included.

Have to watch prices and adds and see how you get the best prices!

This $400 trailer is now a super coupon item for $269.99 however it is on sale without the coupon for $300 right now.
Print out the 20% off coupon or get one from a magazine, buy at $300 sale price and use the 20% off any one item to save $60 and that trailer is only $240!

Online I did not see what size tires it had so called the store and they said it has 12"

I may go buy one!
I am thinking that would make a nice bike hauling trailer adding a few extras too it. Also a nice base for a teardrop camper trailer. And a plywood floor and stake sides a nice utility trailer. Built right it could be all 3 trailers in one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/extra-savings.html

Also the Motorcycle table lift is on sale now for $339 with super coupon.
Might find a better price in magazine adds if you check some, but that's not a bad price.

·
Administrator
27,929 Posts
I have been thinking of building a small trailer to tow My KLR on behind my car or the 1800 but at that price I could buy that trailer and modify it to suit my needs for about what I would spend building one, maybe less.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Got that trailer a couple years ago, works great.
There is an article online about the build:
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php?topic=61172.0

Two important things of course are to run your own ground and clean out the crap Chinese wheel bearing grease and relube.
Like the fact that it folds up and stores away like a ping pong table.
Not only functions as a utility trailer, but since the front frame / hitch mount is 'hinged', the trailer actually tilts.
By mounting a couple ski sliders on the sides of the bed, I simply drive the snowmobile up on it real easy.
Haven't tried it with driving the bike up on it yet, but with a removable wheel chock in the front should be a piece of cake.

Initially when I got the trailer, I had plans of modifying the wheel axle mount to be able to move forward, and have a folding out tent platform & car topper container for towing behind the bike for long trips.

Since then, think I'll just get a proper motorcycle tent trailer instead. My initial concept was to have a 'all-in-one' trailer to do multiple functions, instead of having a fleet of trailers in the yard in the way and to maintain.

Still, would be kind of neat to just have a 4' x 6' tent railer box you could drop on a 4x4 trailer frame....kind of a multi finction Swiss Army Knife trailer....hmmmmm..... if had more of the inclination....maybe a an aluminum frame with air bag torsion axles...drop on either a tent camper or a 4x8 utility trailer top.....take up a small corner in the garage when not in use.....

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think if wife is not working tomorrow we will go get the trailer.
If she is working, well it will be a nice day to ride in the rain storms here pulling my other trailer anyway LOL

Nice thing is the 4'x8' on sale and my 40"x48" both have 12" wheels, so if I get the bigger trailer I'll have 4 wheels and tires total.
Since I'll only use 1 trailer at a time that give me 2 spares! LOL
That was by biggest worry I think on the CA. trip to get the 99 parts bike, I had no spare for trailer on a 4K trip!
Looks like even on sale and 20% off coupon the wheel and tire is $40 each, so heck 2 would be $80, the whole trailer is only $240.

Yes, I am working on this, what to tell wifey as why I need a whole new trailer LOL
After 3 years I used my 40"x48" for 1 trip, though it was a BIG trip. LOL

I put an 8' bed on a 48" trailer to haul that bike. I'm sure an 8' trailer would have done better!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a 25% off coupon for HF for anyone item. Can be used on sale prices but not with other coupons.
http://www.mommysavesbig.com/printable-coupons/harborfreight-coupons-sept12.jpg

I have not been able to go to HF yet to get my trailer. Such a pain to be 175 miles away!

We started to go get the trailer over the weekend, HF said it will fit in a car with a fold down seat. Found our car is the FANCY model and does NOT have the fold down rear seat! What the heck, the other models of the same car do, but not the fancy version!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.