Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 4 wire plug on trailer, I have turn signals, running lights but no brake lights. I was told to tie brake wire to running lights ,when I did it blows a fuse. do I have to buy a converter . 1500 Interstate 95. Thanks for any help.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi and welcome to the forum with 4pins one has to be an earth that would cause your fuse to blow you need 2 for turn signals left and right 1 for running lights and 1 for brake lights + 1 earth i suspect the trailer is not wired for the brake

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I and others have posted numerous threads concerning trailers trailer wiring and trailer isolator/converters. Use the forum search function and you'll find most of them.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with the advise on the ground. I noticed that all the lights on the trailer worked fine, but when I hit the turn signals all of the back lights started blinking, looked like emergency flashers. I cleaned all the connections and it still did it. I re-did the ground and that cleared it up right away.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

quote from oxford english dictionary [ground] the solid surface of the earth, [earth]electrical connection to the ground unquote:cool:

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

Quote from Texas History. "You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas". Davey Crockett

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

******* chip, check this thread out. I think it will answer your question. When you get a chance, could you please add your location to your profile?

Thanks,
Mike

http://tiny.pl/s1kc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.