Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I bought my wing it came with a trailer that hadn't been used in the last few years. I plugged it in and found a couple problems. The parking lights come on with the exception of the two amber lights to the front of the trailer. When I use the turn signals (in either direstion) all the lights flash like a Christmas tree. When I hit the brakes, all the lights react, some dim, some shine, all excpt those two amber lights, they never work.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you need to get a test lite & check the bike end of the connector - find out which pins are connected to which signals, brake & running lites, then rearrange the trailer connector wires to match. Also make sure you have a real good ground connection through the plug to the bike .:baffled: :action::action::action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Check the ground from the trailer to the bike also. A signal will look for anyway to ground if the ground isn't hooked up properly.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
...When I use the turn signals (in either direstion) all the lights flash...
That shows the electricity is going through the 'flasher' on the wrong circuit.

The Tech Forum should have a wire chart showing which wires go to each connector on the bike side.

When you get those in order, use a hot wire [jumper] to check where each connector goes to on the trailer plug.

Since the turn signalsshouldn't flash ALL the lights...you seem to have a criss-cross with the running lights.

1. Clean the grounds to bare metal on each connector [bike & trailer both].

2. Hook the alligator clip of a circuit tester to the Pos (+) side of the battery. Then, touch the tester prong to each trailer conector.

3. Ground the clip to the bike & use the tester prong to see which connector functions whith running lights, signals, brakes.

If the connector slots line up OK, then it could be due to a simple short between the running & signal wires....then, it would be time to get the magnifying glass & inspect every inch of each wire [especially where they may be rubbing].

Not difficult, just tedious. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.