Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been researching building vs buying a trailer for my 1800. The other day, I saw a trailer that looked like it had a large duffle bag attached to a frame and now for the life of me I can't find a picture of it:? Either that or I am having a brain leak.

Anybody out there see the same thing and could steer me to a website?

Thanks

Bob

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Not sure but try looking at timeout campers web site.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

I have a soft cartop carrier...would look like a giant duffel bag. I bet that's what you saw.

Buy it here.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The trailer was very narrow with a sausage type or military duffle bag attached into a basket.

Or then again, another marble fell out of the jar????

·
Premium Member
149 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

Call me a cheapskate if you want too, but $1995 seems a bit high for a trailer that can only carry 8 cubic feet of cargo.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

i personally dont like the duffle bag setup, but the frame style, tires wheels etc are pretty freakin nice. I wish i had that frame to put a topper on, but for that price i will stick with HF trailer

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks Cubix.....that is the one....and from my home state to boot!!!

What is that disease that effects memory....I forgot.

I am actually thinking of having my students build one for me this Fall...when I am teaching aluminum welding...:)

Thanks again!

Bob

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Love the color of your bike. Haven't seen many gold ones out there. There's also some trailers on E-bay. My suggestion would be buyinga Harbor Freight trailer with 12in wheels and building your own. Ideas are limitless. Good Luck.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I like that duffle bag frame idea! (Ain't gonna pay $2000 for it, but I like it......)

With modern duffles, like the Dry Seal bags Red and I are using,there would be fewdrawbacks using duffles on trailers....... and the weight would be negligible!

I'm on the hunt for a Harbor Freight/ Duffle to go on behind my ST1300.... would like to have it by Montrose..... anybody have a Harbor Freight they no longer want?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

BobCat89...it's CRS I think..."can't remember stuff" and I'm getting there faster than I can believe. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.