Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just was given this trailer from PO of bike. he says it tipped over when empty going slow. Tounge length from tip to tail 73",inside tire to tire 27".

Also has single bolt through wheels and split rims that one tire place refuses to work on because they say they are to dangerous. Any ideas where i can get new axel to put on regular type wheels?

Would larger wheels increase stability? Also when empty it bounses alot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

view 2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

view 3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

view 4

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Those are Azusa wheels. The company is still in business. They were used on the early motorvation "backpack" trailers. That is probably a converted backpack anyway. The trailer bounces because there isn't any suspension, right? You need to have at least 50-100 lbs of weight to keep the darn thing on the ground. I don't understand the safety aspect though. It's a tube tire, not under any force like your normal split rim. I do think changing out the axle is the right way to go. Take the wheel off, you'll probably find a measly 9/16th stub shaft. Put some different stubs on there and a wheel assy that is more friendly.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Has springs no shocks,PO says tires are tubless, will check in the light tomarrow.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Has springs no shocks,PO says tires are tubless, will check in the light tomarrow.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Thats a nice little trailer, I like it!

The PO just "Gave" it to you? Nice guy!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

If you followed my earlier posts he gave me the bike also, and his wife gave me her 82 cm250c a few months earlier, little work it runs great. My van burned up a few weeks ago so my transportation for me and kids has been the two bikes (real challenge learning to ride GW with passengers), they even let us a car when needed. Great people, will never be able to repay.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

itsssssss sooooo cute

·
everyday member
514 Posts
imported post

Did it bounce and flip or on a turn? I can see it may be a little top heavy but to just flip over there may be a little more to it. I love the look of the trailer. As far as the PO goes, there is not enough that can be said for the thoughtfulness of people. You are a lucky man to know someone like that. Pay it forward.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Lower air pressure in trailer tires may help with less bounceing.I carry 18 lbs in my 12 in. tires....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.