Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay so i picked up my new to me 1500 today and trilered it home. :smiler:.

Very exited to get it down to get the serial# checked and get tags for it.

My question is regarding trailering. I have trailered my 1000 and 1100 wings before and now the 1500. I have a real hard time figuring how to strap them down and the 1500 was a real bear. So whats the best way to secure them and where on the 90 1500 do you put the sraps

Wilf

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Psssst.... Wilf.... Over here, behind the fence.....

Now keep it down so no one hears this but GoldWings don't get trailered son.... That would be those other bikes..... the loud ones.....

No...... Goldwings were build to be ridden, you ride that bike, even if it breaks down, you ride it to get it fixed. If you run out of Gas, you ride it to the station and filler up........ No son.... don't trailer it!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hey jobe I understand hate to trailer it to but was 90 miles away. And my rule is not to ride a new to me bike any distance before I check it out. Besides was I supposed to trailer my truck home behind the wing!!!
Wilf

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Psssst.... Wilf.... Over here, behind the fence.....

Now keep it down so no one hears this but GoldWings don't get trailered son.... That would be those other bikes..... the loud ones.....

No...... Goldwings were build to be ridden, you ride that bike, even if it breaks down, you ride it to get it fixed. If you run out of Gas, you ride it to the station and filler up........ No son.... don't trailer it!
LOL. That's funny stuff jobe.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

I Take the side cover off my 1100 and use the frame.. But that just me lol... I do use handlebars to but on short trips..

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I don't think there is really any good way to tie down a 1500.
When I broke the throttle cable on mine I had it towed home with a wrecker flat bed. We had a heck of a time finding a place to hook to winch it onto the truck and to tie it down after loaded!
And HE hauls allot of bikes, often those really expensive other types with many built in easy tie locations for all trailering needs LOL

I'm thinking maybe carry the proper tool to remove the seat and see if I can tie to frame just in case I ever need a tow again LOL
I'm not sure if just removing a side cover on my 1500 would let me get to the frame to tie to?

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Two straps under the front fairing, around the top of forks between the top and bottom of triple tree, a strap to each engine guard, a strap to each saddlebag guard, have front wheel into wheel chock, and a strap around the front tire and chock, and a strap through the rear wheel. It won't go anywhere.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Two straps under the front fairing, around the top of forks between the top and bottom of triple tree, a strap to each engine guard, a strap to each saddlebag guard, have front wheel into wheel chock, and a strap around the front tire and chock, and a strap through the rear wheel. It won't go anywhere.:smiler:

Gene:action:
Wow, you guys get carried away. I put two up front, as you describe. I loop one through the back tire to the rear of the trailer. Done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.