Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

LORD!!! Do they need human blood? Or could they use, say...road-kill blood? THAT alone would help provide incentive to gather critter carcasses from the highways & byways...hey? (and help lower the costs of raw materials) :action:

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

It seems to me that I have read where some TV mfg. is already using organic based transistors or LEDs. Being transistors are nothing but an on/off switch that uses a smaller current to modulate a larger current we might be amazed to see what is coming in the future. The holy grail of computers is to mimic the human bodies neural network. That is millions of synapses that process input before it is sent to the Brain (CPU). Our brain and whole thinking processes are organic/biologic networks. Maybe someday science will ??????

BTW, I had my computer enrolled in the human genome mapping project where they used PCs all over the world to process small pieces and those pieces were linked into the main computer. They used your computer when you were not using it. With thousands of PCs working on the project they did what it would have taken a super computer a very long time to complete. I only knew that they were using my PC when I saw the CPU usage meter running at a much higher rate than normal. That program expired after they mapped the genome.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Ok, that's kinda cool, but I did see one kinda important omission. How long do the transisters last? Proteins break down (add some electron flow and you mightget some intersting chemical possibilities too), that's kinda the basis of decay. How do they get around that?

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

If I read it correctly they used the biological materials as a doping substance to create the transistor material. So in my thought it would be forever locked in.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

FenderHead wrote:
LORD!!! Do they need human blood? Or could they use, say...road-kill blood? THAT alone would help provide incentive to gather critter carcasses from the highways & byways...hey? (and help lower the costs of raw materials) :action:
I though that road kill was picked up and used for supper. I'm working with a guy tonight that I would gladly donate, as long as they don't need any parts from his brain.:?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.