Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello Steve !
I don't know about this is the right forum to bring up this question ? We are right now discussing some changing of the Danish Goldwing Club http://www.gwc.dk/ homepage. I will suggest layouts/ technical possibilitiesacc. to what I have seen the English, Irish, Norwegian people and more Countries are using !

Now I ask you! Can we use (are we allowed) some of yours tips, topics in transleated form and put them into our homepage ?

Of course we will make a link to your homepage in every case !

Look forward to hearing from you !

Best regards
Jan Jensen
President of
GWCDK

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I wonder what that was all about? :baffled:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hello friend !
Sorry if my english don't make sence ! :cheeky1:

What I was trying to say was: Our homepage for GWCDK need some "fresh" up !And if we can use ideas from "colleges" ! It could be nice !

That's all !

PS. I have got satisfied mails conserning this ! So life is easy from now on ;)

Best regards

Jan Jensen
Denmark

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
I wonder what that was all about? :baffled:
In a nutshell ,Jan was asking Steves permission to use some of the tips on this site to be translated into Danish and put on the Danish goldwing site ,,with a link with each article to steves site ,,,understand?:action::clapper:But by now he has already spoken to Steve and everything is sorted ..ok ?:leprechaun:

I am glad we cleared that up ..cheers Ciaran :cool::cool:
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Great topic.. Steve is da bossss, so what he says goes... However, (no criticism intended), in a free and open society (which is what we all enjoy, at the moment anyway), there is a saying among the closely knit. "Knowledge to one is knowledge to all".. We are a unique culture, us Goldwingers, and from where I sit, it appears that we don't like to separate ourselves from the cycling world. Unlike our Hog counterparts, (no insult intended), we tend to share our sport openly and it extends to all modes of motorcycling. Every Winger I ever see on the road will inadvertently wave to me or give me theThumbs Upas we pass... Not so with other machine riders.. We are unique, but open and sharing to all who enter our world.

This web site is just that,,a Web Site. It's there for the world to see and enjoy as a courtesy to all who visit. Steve could have locked it down to members only, who must pay a fee to view it, but he didn't.... HOWEVER,,, It costs money, so again, Steve's da bosss... Links, quotes, statements and white sheets are a matter of financial scrutiny and if we scrutinize everyone too much,very fewwill contribute information to this site which would be a travisty to all who seek the wisdom entrenchedhere. Just my two cents... and remember,,, Ipsy Dipsy...(Damned if you do,,Damned if you don't)...:cool:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Steve already agreed to let Jan use the bits he needed. All Steve wants is a link and the credit for it. No problem using stuff from other sites once you have the decency to ask in the first place. Much better than just copying it and claiming it as your own. Jan did the nice thing asking, and Steve did the nice thing sayiny "yes".

I see the smilies are all working again now.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

This is True!!!:cool:

All Gave Some,, Some Gave All

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Steve is easy going. Any articles or tips he gets from other people, he gives them the credit for it without exception. Its only right that other people should do the same as well. Politeness is unlikely to get up other peoples noses! :p

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
In a nutshell ,Jan was asking Steves permission to use some of the tips on this site to be translated into Danish and put on the Danish goldwing site ,,with a link with each article to steves site ,,,
No offence, but I don't see the point of setting up their own site and then asking Steve (and probably other people as well) for use of material. I mean, can the webmaster not think up their own ideas? Although I suppose if they give the proper credit and a link then that makes it alright? :stumped:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.